2009 Liberty right rear power door lock replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Liberty right rear power door lock replacement

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
nedflanders77
2009 KK Liberty 

2009 Liberty right rear power door lock replacement

Hello

I'm currently in the process of replacing the power door lock actuator. Has anyone done this before and what are the tricks for removing the inner door panel with the window reg. on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nedflanders77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

I did it on my drivers side rear, and while possible, it is a pain is the a$$. The hardest part was disconnecting the glass from the window regulator.

Remove the door panel and then remove the carrier plate bolts and pry back the carrier plate. The window glass needs to be disconnected from the regulator in order to pull the carrier plate off completely. It is attached at the bottom and you need to push the regulator clip back through the hole in the window glass. Make sure you support the glass! I uised duct tape. There are also three rods that you need to disconnect at certain points but just look at where the swing clips on the new door latch are (they are color coordinated). You will also need to remove the outer door handle. Good luck!
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.