2009 Jeep Liberty Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Jeep Liberty Issues

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 12-04-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
JBWrangler2000
2009 KK Liberty 

2009 Jeep Liberty Issues

Hey everyone. I purchased a brand new 2009 Liberty about 3 months ago and have already had a couple of minor problems. First, the touch-screen radio shorted out and had to be replaced. This week the instrument cluster shorted out and the Jeep was at the dealership for two days before it too was replaced. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues? I love my Jeep but am upset that I'm having issues with only 3000 miles on the odometer. Also wondering if I have any more problems to look forward to. Thanks in advance for any replies!

JBWrangler2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Cars76
2014 WK 

I have my 09 Liberty for 4 month's with 3100 miles on it. No problems so far but I do not have the touch screen radio.
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

Sorry to hear about the new KK woes.
The good news is that it is under warranty, and the bugs get fixed early in life.
I hope you have a better experience from here....
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
JBWrangler2000
2009 KK Liberty 

Thanks for the replies. I know they're only minor issues but frustrating none the less. Hopefully no more troubles from here on out
JBWrangler2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

No real issues here. I have a slight leak from the tranny pan that I need to have the dealership take care of. About a drop a day. I also had a mouse build a nest under the hood and chew through a wire. No idea how that happened. Just popped the hood to check the oil level and there it was. I've heard of it happening to people who live in the country, but I'm in the city and it is parked in a garage all the time. Did a little home electrical fix on that one.

When I had my KK in for an oil change the dealership had a new KK in the garage with the dash out and all the wiring pulled out. The tech said it had some kind of electrical bug they were trying to figure out. Made me kinda nervous to see that. I mean there were wires all over the place. They even had the door panels off and the wiring pulled out of there too.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
daledoe
2009 KK Liberty 

Ive had mine for 13 months now, no electrical problems but a possible water leak with the rear window.
daledoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2010, 05:07 AM   #7
jeepster09
2009 KK Liberty 

My 09 KK just turned 10K, zero problems
jeepster09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2010, 02:17 PM   #8
Roadster71

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWrangler2000 View Post
Hey everyone. I purchased a brand new 2009 Liberty about 3 months ago and have already had a couple of minor problems. First, the touch-screen radio shorted out and had to be replaced. This week the instrument cluster shorted out and the Jeep was at the dealership for two days before it too was replaced. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar issues? I love my Jeep but am upset that I'm having issues with only 3000 miles on the odometer. Also wondering if I have any more problems to look forward to. Thanks in advance for any replies!
11K and no problems
Roadster71 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #9
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

18K on my 08 with no electrical problem...
diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
jerryfd276
2009 KK Liberty 

lets see, my 09, hazard lights stopped working, cluster need to be replaced, front passenger speaker blew, all less then 13k miles. other then runs great.
jerryfd276 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Welcome to the Forum and sorry to hear about the bad news
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.