2009 Jeep Liberty heat issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Jeep Liberty heat issues

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineCHASSIS SAVERô Labor Day 2 for 1 Sale!!!JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

Unread 12-21-2014, 08:10 PM   #1
2009JeepLiberty

2009 Jeep Liberty heat issues

I have a 2009 Jeep liberty Rocky mountain edition. The heater is having issues firstly the heat doesn't work while idling and the drivers side is always colder than the passenger side. I have been troubleshooting this issue for about two months and so far i have noticed the coolant level stays constant, I'm not having overheating the temp gauge remains stable through out my driving and I flushed the heater core. I'm not sure where to turn for advice i have plenty of experience with car maintenance from oil changes to full brake replacements but troubleshooting is not one of my strong points. I don't have engine codes to work with the trouble lights have not been on except one time when i forgot to put my gas cap on.

2009JeepLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have this identical issue in our 2009 Liberty.

Anyone?
Jeff88 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #3
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

If its actually a lack of heat I'm not sure, but does it sound like it is blowing strong and you just don't feel the heat coming out at the floor? If so it could be the diverter flap thing. Not sure what it is really called, but it changes the direction of the air, and apparently the existing one is not strong enough. My '08 does it. Seems to continue to mostly blow out the defrost (or just feels like it is blowing with no escape) even though it is set at the floor. Someone had a breakdown of the repair, and it seemed pretty involved. I think its a fairly common problem.

I'm sure someone will post that has a lot more knowledge of it than me, my details of it is pretty vague.
griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Mine feels like the air is blowing out where it is supposed to, but its like cooler air when at a stop light. Then it gets progressively warmer when you drive, but never warm enough to consider it to be an adequate heater.
Unread 12-30-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
2009JeepLiberty

If its actually a lack of heat I'm not sure, but does it sound like it is blowing strong and you just don't feel the heat coming out at the floor?
The air is being directed as expected the issue is with the temperature. It is cold at idle and when driving the temp of the heat coming out increases. However the heat is considerably cooler on the drivers side regardless of what setting. When I stop at a light the temp decreases to the approximate outdoor temperature.

Just to be clear i am referring to the temperature of the Heat coming from the vents. The on-board engine temp sensor registers the temp in the center of the gauge consistently.
2009JeepLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #6
Nyfurri22

heating issue

I'm having the same issue with my 2009 Jeep Liberty. Please let me know what you do to fix. I have already flushed the heater core and changed the coolant.
Nyfurri22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2015, 10:24 AM   #7
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Finally just had a shop flush the system and also flush the heater core independently and I have heat very strong again. Of course it will be 93 degrees here today, so I don't need it, but come winter, I will be able to keep this vehicle as a daily driver now!

I used a good local shop that told me there was a lot of sediment in the core. I don't know how they know that exactly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.