2009 Jeep Liberty Beep when turning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Jeep Liberty Beep when turning

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 03-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #1
ryanb4614
2009 KK Liberty 

2009 Jeep Liberty Beep when turning

Hello. I have noticed with my 2009 Jeep Liberty when I have the turn signal on and I turn (mostly to the right) it will beep one time. Its the same chime if the gas level is low. Only does it once. Could this be a sensor of some sort? I only have a few more days until my warranty expires. I had it to a jeep dealer and they couldn't get it to do it, so they charged me $80. This does not occur everytime.

ryanb4614 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

i have the random beep as well. it happens not when i turn or anything. just at random times it will chime once. i think its due to a code, when programmers were writing software for our jeeps, they inserted that chime to signal that program registered some kind of event, just so they would know, since the car doesnt really have a debugging screen and they forgot to take it out of the code when it went into production
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanb4614 View Post
Hello. I have noticed with my 2009 Jeep Liberty when I have the turn signal on and I turn (mostly to the right) it will beep one time. Its the same chime if the gas level is low. Only does it once. Could this be a sensor of some sort? I only have a few more days until my warranty expires. I had it to a jeep dealer and they couldn't get it to do it, so they charged me $80. This does not occur everytime.
It sounds like a clockspring problem.The clockspring controls the horn,air bag,and cruise control,so asked the dealer to check the clockspring.If you under the 3/36 warranty,I dont know why they charged you,I would question that,I never been charged to have my dealer check something out when I was under warranty,even if they said they couldnt duplicate the problem.
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
KUHawkhead
2008 KK Liberty 

Our 2008 Libby Limited does the random beep about once every 10-12 times we drive it. I always scan the dash, but other than when we are low on fuel, or the one time our TPS system falsely detected a low tire (it reset itself after 2 hours, after I stopped and manually checked tires with tire gauge), it's nothing. We joke that it is sensing the driver getting tired and chimes just to make sure you are paying attention.

We still love our 2008 Libby. And it even has a sky slider that (knock on wood) has not given us any type of headaches over.
KUHawkhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.