2009 Growl at 50 MPH - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2009 Growl at 50 MPH

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 05-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
RB145
2014 WK 

2009 Growl at 50 MPH

This is my first post to forum. I have a 2009 KK i was wondering if anyone has noticed at 50 mph and 1500 to 1600 rpm a pulsating growl under load that you can feel in the floor. I have driven another 09 liberty and it does the same thing, not really a big deal but you do notice it from time to time. I believe it is the exhaust that I am feeling. Just wondering if others have noticed this and if there is any tsb for it or just a normal thing.

RB145 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2010, 01:01 AM   #2
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the 42RLE transmission!
It sucks.... well not really bad, but it's got issues. Jeep knows that, but does little to improve.
Start searching, there are tons of threads on the 42RLE trans.
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

There is a TSB for 08KK,thats sounds close to what your saying.See if this it what you think its doing,and if it is see if the dealer can do the TSB for you,:

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Some customers may complain of a drone sound or a condition that feels like an irregular,
very short, slight deceleration as if the vehicle is being "tugged" from behind. This
condition exists between 1000 and 1600 rpm, 38 to 45 mph at constant speed. This
condition will be more noticeable during a light acceleration within the 38 to 45 mph vehicle
speed.
This new software update has removed 3rd gear partial lockup and raised the 4th gear full
lockup speed to 50 mph.

http://sites.google.com/site/gravedi...attredirects=0
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
griff02
2008 KK Liberty 

I posted a thanks in a new thread, but I found this where you originally posted this TSB. So I wanted to say thank you, it made a world of difference driving my '08. I wouldn't have ever known this was available if you hadn't taken the time to post it.
Thanks richd.
griff02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by griff02 View Post
I posted a thanks in a new thread, but I found this where you originally posted this TSB. So I wanted to say thank you, it made a world of difference driving my '08. I wouldn't have ever known this was available if you hadn't taken the time to post it.
Thanks richd.
Thank you for coming back and letting us know that you got your problem fixed,I'm glad I could help,Good Luck
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.