2008 with a little Bling... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2008 with a little Bling...

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

2008 with a little Bling...

Just added a little Bling to the Liberty..

Chrome Mirror and Handle covers from ebay, Vent Visors and Hood Deflector from 4wheel drive.

Wasn't too sure about the chrome covers when I bought them, but I think they look really good…Before and After pix..

jeep-before.jpg   chrome-jeep.jpg  
Qwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
ds6310
2008 KK Liberty 

Looks Good
Unread 07-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #3
Orion6
2011 MK Patriot 

I actually like those upgrades a lot.

2011 Liberty Sport Command Trac II 4WD
Orion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

It looks great!, it helps bring out the paint - only downside with chrome is that you have to stay on top of it as far cleaning and waxing. I remember doing that with my 70' Chevelle.
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2011, 05:49 AM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
It looks great!, it helps bring out the paint - only downside with chrome is that you have to stay on top of it as far cleaning and waxing. I remember doing that with my 70' Chevelle.
Not near the same as the chrome from days of old. Todays over lay chrome appearance packages are actually a plastic over lay with a bright polished finish. Pretty much maintance free.
Unread 07-19-2011, 05:52 AM   #6
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

What seller on Ebay did you use? I have noticed a number of listing with a ship from location in Taiwan or China that list these at a bargain basement price. But sure question buying from them for the same reason/concerns.
Unread 07-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #7
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

I bought from the guy in taiwan corseautosports (11921)

He has a lot of positive feedback. It was $50 for everything shipping included. I tried to buy from the guy in NJ since not too far away from me. But he wants over $100 I think it is $112 for the exact same thing, the descriptions read the same. I made him a best offer and he came back at $100, plus since I am in NJ I would have to pay taxes too...

The guy in taiwan shipped them out as I paid with paypal, and everything arrived 3 days later. I was surprised at how quickly it arrived. Fit is good...look is awesome. Only time will tell how they hold up.

Future mods, will be a push bar in the front with a couple of lights, a tow hitch, 2" lift new tires and wheels...hope to have all done by winter...
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I am also looking at adding a 2" lift, what lift were you thinking of going with?
Unread 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #9
Qwack
2008 KK Liberty 

jonrjen, My Hubby said Daystar...will need new set of tires on the jeep come winter, so we figured it would be the best time to do the lift get new wheels and tires same time.

He wants to change the springs out with the daystar lift, I think because we have read on a number of post that the stock springs might end up sagging...

someone mentioned teraflex on another thread..I haven't researched that one yet...but that might be another option. All comes down to $$$, not necessarily the cheapest, but the best bang for the buck...

Have you looked in to any lifts yet..
Unread 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM   #10
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I have just begun to do my homework on lifts. I had also been following the other post on which lift kit to choose. I will be going with a full spring kit. I would like a 2" lift that also give a good ride at the same time.
I don't have a problem spending in the $1,300 to $1,600 range for the right solution.
Unread 07-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #11
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Not near the same as the chrome from days of old. Todays over lay chrome appearance packages are actually a plastic over lay with a bright polished finish. Pretty much maintance free.

-- I know, I found that Noxon though works really good for chrome helps keep it stain free :]
Poncherello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:06 AM   #12
2010Liberty
2010 KK Liberty 

Check out rocky-road.com, their prices seem reasonable
2010Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #13
maitiu

How do you feel about the quality of the chrome door handle covers? I'm thinking about adding these too. Can you tell up close that they are "covers" over the handles?
maitiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #14
WA_KK
2008 KK Liberty 

As for the lift,
I've been doing a lot of research on it and I think I've decided on OME spring lift. It's more expensive that say the daystar spacer lift and doesn't get quite as much lift, but I think the benefits of improved ride and flex would out-way the cost. I don't want to spend the money on a JBA lift, so I think the OME would be the best fit for me. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it's a thought.
WA_KK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2011, 07:28 AM   #15
teckn9ne
2010 KK Liberty 

looks real sharp
teckn9ne is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.