2008 Liberty, any problems? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2008 Liberty, any problems?

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings Blast

Unread 05-23-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
utfd701

2008 Liberty, any problems?

Are there any 'known' issues with the 2008 Liberty.
I am possibly looking at getting one.
6cyl, auto, 4x4 would be starting requirements for me.

utfd701 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
az16339
2009 KK Liberty 

IMHO, based on all the '08 problem threads posted on this forum, I'd look for a '09 KK or later. Still in warranty too.
az16339 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #3
Zurfy
2014 KL Cherokee 

I've haven't had too many problems with mine.

Last fall I had an issue with the tire pressure sensors. They would start dinging for no apparent reason. I would stop and check the pressures and there would be no problem. Then all of a sudden it quit doing it. Hopefully, I will not see any further problems (knock on wood).

Also, there is the issue with the gas tank. When you fill gas, it likes to spit at you. Some people say it happens to them while filling. For me, it does it when the tank gets full. I avoid it by not filling the tank all the way or slowing the pump down when I think it is getting full. There is a TSB on that. I didn't know that it could be fixed under warranty until after the warranty was up. I bought my KK used a month before the original warranty expired.
Zurfy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Whether it has problems or not, have you compared the available interior colors?

That light/medium slate gray is annoying to me. No offense to '08 owners with it. Enjoy your Jeep.
Unread 05-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
jsburton84
2008 KK Liberty 

So far the only problems I have had is the cheap plastic panel on the driver's power seat breaking off (not an issue on the regular seats) and the gas tank issue.
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

the only 2 problems i had were the leaking rear window (problem on all liberties up to june 2010) and gas spills which 2009 didnt get just yet due to it being younger. had to replace rear trackbar but i think i messed it up playing in the snow. otherwise the car has been problem free so far.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
utfd701

OK Did a search in the KK forum, only issues that seem to be repetitive are the rear window leak, sky slider issue and the fuel tank filling/spill issue. Which all appear to be repairable with enough pressure on the dealer/corporate.
Is there anything else?
Am I missing something?
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

nope, thats pretty much it.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
utfd701

Thank you all for your feed back. Looking forward to having a Jeep product on and off the road again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.