Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2008 KK Spare Tire TPMS

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pauld73 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2008 KK limited with a full size spare. I noticed that when the spare tire is low on air I intermittently get a single chime at random times but no low spare tire message on the EVIC. The owners manual states that I should get this message with no dash light but I'm not getting it. I had the dealer check it out and after swapping the spare with the left rear to test the sensor (it was good) all they could say about the issue is that maybe mine didnt have that feature. Does anyone else know one way or another if it should be monitoring the spare like the manual says or have seen it work first hand? I also checked the fsm but it doesnt say anything about the spare.

Thanks

Scott

#2 ·
As a side note, surprised you got a low air warning on the spare. My KK was built 6/2008 (two years ago) and I'm guessing that's when the spare was filled. Checked it a few days ago and seems to still be holding near original PSI. I didn't use a gauge, but would doubt that it's lower than 25PSI just from pushing against the sidewall -- seemed very firm.

#3 ·
Try this: change your EVIC until it reads the tire pressures. Does it show a location for the spare or just the 4 on the ground? If it doesn't show the spare then you would get the "no dash light" because there is no location for it. The MK's do not have a sensor in the spare so there is no reading for it in the EVIC and no chime either.

#4 ·
Thanks libertyhopeful, thats when mine was built as well, it was a special order and i think it was made about the first week of june '08. would you be willing to test that out on yours and see if you get the low spare message?

Gramps, the evic only shows the 4 on the ground but its supposed to give you a low spare message if the spare is low, no light or chime either according to the manual. mine has the full size spare with tpms sensor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.