2008 KK Coolant drain - help please!!!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2008 KK Coolant drain - help please!!!!!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-29-2014, 05:53 AM   #1
hvteng
2006 TJ Wrangler 

2008 KK Coolant drain - help please!!!!!

Hi all,

I have 2008 KK Limited Petrol Auto.

My first question is what position should the petcock plastic tap be when open? In-line with the drain nozzle or 90 degrees away from the drain nozzle?

Secondly where is the cylinder block drain plug? I found a plug on the first manifold (maybe) comes of the big radiator hose at the lower/RH of the radiator facing rear. It is just above the front diff. The plug can be removed with a 8mm L-allen key. I believe it is at position 3 (see diagram).

How much coolant should be coming out from the radiator and the cylinder block?

Many thanks.

vcm_s_kf_repr_640x486.jpg

Last edited by hvteng; 07-29-2014 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: more info
hvteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
kiwi_outdoors
1997 XJ Cherokee 

engine plug

from my very terse CD-ROM manual, for a 2008 3.7L V6 KK I USA. The manual referred to plugs in the plural, being a "V" engine, that might make sense. One each side.
engine-drain-plug.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.