2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Radio Problems - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Radio Problems

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Meg4You
2008 KJ Liberty 

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited Radio Problems

Exited car and radio was working. Reentered and power to the radio/Navigation screen was gone. Exited car, parked for the night it worked the next morning. Exited at a short stop for coffee upon starting the car power to radio/Navigation screen was gone. Drove straight to the dealer and was told I might need a new radio. Further diagnostics and TIME was needed to determine the problem because 45 minutes wasn’t enough time. 55K miles on a 5 year old car and it might need a new radio?

What is going on? Is there anything I can do to remedy the problem? Should I disconnect the battery? Will that fry it totally? Fuse is fine. Everything else has power.

Meg4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

I had issues with my similar REN radio. It's not the same, but similar to yours. I pulled the fuse for it, started the car, ran for ten minutes, and shut it off, then put the fuse back in. That did it for me sometimes, but after a few weeks I learned that I had a bad MP3 uploaded to it, so I had to burn a DVD with the software I found for it. The software is specific for your model radio, as are the install instructions. On the bottom right of the radio faceplate are three letters in white. That's you radio model. Best of luck!
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.