2 wd or 4 wd - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 2 wd or 4 wd

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 04-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #16
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by avatr View Post
yep - most around San Antonio are 2WD, rarely see a 4WD. I never heard of the Sky Slider roof either. that must be a northern thing. of course it gets so hot 8 months out of the year - you'd never have it open.

bmxer - It wouldn't be a Jeep without 4wd ..... that's not what my VIN says....
I'll never make fun of a 2wd Jeep, not my style. But when I think Jeep, I think 4wd.

Oh I have a skyslider too...I love it. It's starting to get used again. The snow stopped me As long as its 40*+ it's probably open.

Unread 04-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #17
avatr
2012 KK Liberty 

Bmxer524- it's all good. I know what you said was in fun... no hurt feelings. I'd like to think after all the years I've lived my skin is thicker than that.

I would have gotten a 4WD if I could have found one in as great shape as this 2WD is. I'm kinda OCD when it comes to my cars.
avatr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

I don't blame you. It's a big investment. Gotta make sure what you buy will hold up and meet your needs.
Unread 04-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #19
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

I bought my 09 for the same reason. It was immaculate

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #20
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

Same here- no issues with it at all (except for the roof). Immaculate paint, no dings, dents, scratches, rust. Serviced at the dealer for everything. While I usually prefer doing most maintenance myself, it just means that the car has been almost over-serviced.
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2014, 01:16 PM   #21
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorgrandorf
Same here- no issues with it at all (except for the roof). Immaculate paint, no dings, dents, scratches, rust. Serviced at the dealer for everything. While I usually prefer doing most maintenance myself, it just means that the car has been almost over-serviced.
The positives of a 2wd, cost less to maintain, cost less to purchase. If you live in an area where it doesn't snow much and no major hills that's fine. Even snow on a very small scale just switch the tires to snow tires and you'll be ok.
I have 4wd because of where I live and used it quite often this winter because of weather and my tires are pretty well worn.

Honestly I prefer driving a rwd drive vehicle over a fwd vehicle 99% of the time
Unread 04-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #22
avatr
2012 KK Liberty 

Poncherello - living in South Texas, the 1 snow event (maybe) we get a year is the day to stay home. even the highway department doesn't know what to do. if I lived in the mountains or snow country, of course I'd gone with a 4WD.... but not in South Texas, even our beaches are of different kind of sand.. packs well and is almost impossible to get stuck. heck I've even taken my CTS on the beaches with no problems. I was fortunate, the previous owner was a woman who used the dealership for all servicing. and as such, I got the service records... which I thought was pretty cool.
avatr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:48 PM   #23
taylorgrandorf
2008 KK Liberty 

I have a brother who has taken a Nissan 350z and a lowered Mini Cooper S onto Galveston and done just fine. Really no need for 4x4 in Texas. Now, up in Lubbock at school, it might be a problem a few days out of the year but I stay in those days anyway
taylorgrandorf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.