18" Tire Rec for 2011 KK - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 18" Tire Rec for 2011 KK

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #16
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
I have run Firestone, Cooper Goodyear(oe) and now Pirelli. Of these tires the Goodyear had the best handling(dry), Pirelli the best wet traction,Goodyear second best. Firestone the most road noise, (Goodyear the loudest they had no tread left) Coopers just poor all around. Hate to say it overall the Goodyears are my choice. You have to stay on top of rotations and shocks, or you will have noisy tires.

Dave
Thanks Dave. Which Firestone did you have? Just found a pricebreak on some Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia's. Wasn't sure if that's the Firestone you were referring too

Unread 03-04-2014, 07:17 PM   #17
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

I had destination le tires.. I like the Pirelli scorpion better.
Dave
Unread 03-08-2014, 01:22 AM   #18
91AzXJ

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I still have about 9/32s on my 235/18s. Once these get down to about 4/32s, I'm going to go to throw a 2" lift on it, level out the front and put on 245/16s on it.
91AzXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 05:03 AM   #19
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

Here is a listing from Discount Tire Direct.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=prca&fqs=true

I have owned a set of Pirelli's before and was extremely satisfied with how they held up and performed.

I had a set of OEM Continentals and thought they were crap.

I currently have a set of Yokahama's on my Liberty and the wife's R350. Actually the same exact set fits both. They ride great and performed fantastic in the nasty winter we have had.

I have dealt with Discount Tire Direct for years and have nothing but great things to say about them. I used to be an avid Tire Rack customer but as great as all the data is, their prices have drifted from being such a bargin... (remember, need to figure about $80.00 on top of their price for shipping. Discount Tire Direct ships for free).
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #20
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Ended up going w the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season, 235/60R18. Had the back put on the other day and the fronts on today. What I thought was a unique, and therefore cool, 70th anniversary edition rim ended up being what has made this such a PITA for me. When I bought this KK I didn't think about the wheel size being 18s. When I looked at the wheels I ASSUMED (I know, I know) that they were 17s. Only reason that I'm not trying to swap out rums is that I might try to sell it soon for a 4x4 and figure keeping the whole 70th Anniversary package together will help.

Thanks for all the advise, as always folks!
Unread 03-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #21
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josworth
Here is a listing from Discount Tire Direct. http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=prca&fqs=true I have owned a set of Pirelli's before and was extremely satisfied with how they held up and performed. I had a set of OEM Continentals and thought they were crap. I currently have a set of Yokahama's on my Liberty and the wife's R350. Actually the same exact set fits both. They ride great and performed fantastic in the nasty winter we have had. I have dealt with Discount Tire Direct for years and have nothing but great things to say about them. I used to be an avid Tire Rack customer but as great as all the data is, their prices have drifted from being such a bargin... (remember, need to figure about $80.00 on top of their price for shipping. Discount Tire Direct ships for free).
Agreed w Discount. I've bought the majority of tires here for years. Haven't ever really given me a reason to go elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.