18" Tire Rec for 2011 KK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 18" Tire Rec for 2011 KK

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #1
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

18" Tire Rec for 2011 KK

My 2011 Liberty Limited currently has the stock P235/60R18 Goodyear Forteras with the 70th anniversary wheels. Everything on the Libby is still stock and is prob going to stay that way for a while (not having money stinks!) so I've got a couple of questions.
1. Tire size: I've heard +/- about the size of these tires. Would you recommend staying with the same size?
2. Brand: Not crazy about these Goodyears but when I bought her the tread was still too good for me to justify ditching them and buying new ones. Is there a different tire you would recommend moving to?

THANKS!

Unread 03-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

While some may think 18s are cool as hell , the real issues come in finding a decent tire that is in the 29 inch tall tire range.
Best thing is to find a tire you like, and then see if they make one that is in the 29-30 inches tall area. All are just street tires until you get up into the 32-35 inch tall range.
Now if you swapped out to a 16 inch wheel the tire choice for some good AT type tread designs open up a lot more
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Attorney58
2011 KK Liberty 

Hello there, i have the same car a 2011 Liberty Limited the stock 23560r18 goodyear tyres. Unforunately, if you tend to change it to ATR tyres which are better in all kind of road conditions, you cannot find it with stock tyres. Also, I do not recommend you a tyre for winter. 4x4 drive was enough on high way with stock tyres for me in Turkey where I see -20 C degree in winter. Anyway I am happy with stock tyres. Hope this works for you.
Attorney58 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #4
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
While some may think 18s are cool as hell , the real issues come in finding a decent tire that is in the 29 inch tall tire range.
Best thing is to find a tire you like, and then see if they make one that is in the 29-30 inches tall area. All are just street tires until you get up into the 32-35 inch tall range.
Now if you swapped out to a 16 inch wheel the tire choice for some good AT type tread designs open up a lot more
Tom, thanks as always for replying so quickly. I live in Houston, so I don't really need anything too crazy as it's flat, hot, and humid around here
I'm not in a 4x4 so off roading doesn't really happen too much. That said, it can get a bit muddy around the undeveloped areas where I live so I'd like something that would give me good traction in those 80% humid summer months when everything gets sticky around here.
Got any suggestions for those conditions?
Unread 03-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #5
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

So I think I've got a couple of options that I can realistically look at:
1. Continental LX20
2. PIRELLI - Scorpion Verde A/S

Thoughts on either of these?
Unread 03-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #6
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Updated the choices to include the Pirelli.
Sorry that I'm prob making a big deal out of this but I had NO intention of dropping at least $800 right now on rubbers for my jeep. I've gotta spend my credit wisely
Unread 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #7
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlux View Post
Updated the choices to include the Pirelli.
Sorry that I'm prob making a big deal out of this but I had NO intention of dropping at least $800 right now on rubbers for my jeep. I've gotta spend my credit wisely
Yeah tires are no joke. They should be worth it cuz anything will be better than stock. I just dropped 1100 on tires since I have a full size spare, too.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 06:54 PM   #8
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

which tires did you go with?
Unread 03-03-2014, 07:16 PM   #9
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Gage just got bfg all terrains
Unread 03-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #10
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

How I wish I had 16s again instead of these 18s.....
Unread 03-03-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlux
How I wish I had 16s again instead of these 18s.....
How much tread do you have on them? I'd say run them till there 4/32s lot 2/32's left in the mean time save as much $ as you can. Rotate every oil change, monitor your alignment. I got 16's with Good Years SRAs with 75k on them. They have about 5 to 6/32s left on them - just saving up and will do a suspension and tire replacement in June.
Unread 03-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #12
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello View Post
How much tread do you have on them? I'd say run them till there 4/32s lot 2/32's left in the mean time save as much $ as you can. Rotate every oil change, monitor your alignment. I got 16's with Good Years SRAs with 75k on them. They have about 5 to 6/32s left on them - just saving up and will do a suspension and tire replacement in June.
That was the original plan BUT the guy who had this jeep before me ran it pretty hard. Let's just say I'm still cleaning red dirt/clay from the cabin filter

All that to say, these tires are shot. One has a bump, the other is threading. I pushed these tires to the absolute limit. Thought I could get to summer but when I started losing 4 pounds of pressure of air a day.... well......
Unread 03-04-2014, 03:21 AM   #13
fairmont1998
2012 KK Liberty 

Can you get the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 there? They come in 235/60R18 and as far as I've read are a pretty decent all terrain tyre.
I'll be getting some for my KK very soon, tyres need replacing on mine too.
Unread 03-04-2014, 08:02 AM   #14
dlux
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998 View Post
Can you get the Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 there? They come in 235/60R18 and as far as I've read are a pretty decent all terrain tyre.
I'll be getting some for my KK very soon, tyres need replacing on mine too.
That's the tire I would prefer however I can't find them here in Houston :Brickwall
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #15
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

I have run Firestone, Cooper Goodyear(oe) and now Pirelli. Of these tires the Goodyear had the best handling(dry), Pirelli the best wet traction,Goodyear second best. Firestone the most road noise, (Goodyear the loudest they had no tread left) Coopers just poor all around. Hate to say it overall the Goodyears are my choice. You have to stay on top of rotations and shocks, or you will have noisy tires.

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.