10 jeep liberty kk hitch comparison - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 10 jeep liberty kk hitch comparison

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

10 jeep liberty kk hitch comparison

Just got myself a 2010 jeep kk limited but without a hitch. I have a couple of questions. First off, why does my jeep have a tow/haul button by the consle if it does not have a hitch on it? Also, which hitch should i get? I haul atvs, boats and other things constantly so i am going to want a good hitch. Any help is appriciated!!

redncfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
AtTheHelm

Quote:
Originally Posted by redncfootball
Just got myself a 2010 jeep kk limited but without a hitch. I have a couple of questions. First off, why does my jeep have a tow/haul button by the consle if it does not have a hitch on it? Also, which hitch should i get? I haul atvs, boats and other things constantly so i am going to want a good hitch. Any help is appriciated!!
That tow/haul button locks out overdrive, they all have it.
Most all hitches available for the kk are class 3 rated, so they are all about equal in strength. I would go with the Mopar hitch though because its tucked in the best and looks the nicest in my opinion.
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #3
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm

That tow/haul button locks out overdrive, they all have it.
Most all hitches available for the kk are class 3 rated, so they are all about equal in strength. I would go with the Mopar hitch though because its tucked in the best and looks the nicest in my opinion.
Okay, as i look at pictures of other jeeps, they all seem to have a different back bumper with the oem hitches.. Like a slot made specifically for the hitch. My bumper would not need to be replaces to put a mopar hitch on would it? Thanks for the help
Unread 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
AtTheHelm

No there is a perforation where you cut it out to allow space for the hitch.
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #5
redncfootball
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
No there is a perforation where you cut it out to allow space for the hitch.
would this wiring harness and an oem hitch work? thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-DO...6a7787&vxp=mtr
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #6
AtTheHelm

Yep that appears to be the oem kk liberty harness that gives you the full 7 pin and brake control wiring.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.