09 KK Shudders in Reverse - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 09 KK Shudders in Reverse

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 08-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

09 KK Shudders in Reverse

I don't drive my wife's KK all that much, but this summer I've used it a few times to tow a boat or my trailer and I've noticed a pretty obvious shudder when it is stopped and I put it into reverse and try to back up with the trailer. It will shudder pretty good if I'm light on the gas.

Could this be the "torque converter shudder" the TSB talks about for '08s?

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 04:25 PM   #2
merlinTec

Hi
I have the same issue with an 08 technical told me it's how it is. My customer not happy I even put a new box it and it was still the same. It's something to do with controlling the torque to protect the box and is a software issue.
Unread 08-06-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
GearGuy10
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Interesting. Well, I'll definitely remember to bring it up when I bring it in next and see what they say. It isn't a huge deal, but I don't want to mess something up, especially when I'm in the middle of nowhere with my boat.

HERS: 2009 Liberty Sport Light Graystone Pearl
100% Stock
GearGuy10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.