08 Liberty Sirius Install Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 08 Liberty Sirius Install Kit

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
dnocito
2008 KK Liberty 

08 Liberty Sirius Install Kit

I just purchased a replacment factory radio off of Ebay. The radio I have now is the single disc without siriues. The one I got was the 6 disc with sirius. Before I install the radio I want to install the antenna kit. Has anyone installed the Sirius antenna kit? Any tips? I have an 2008 Liberty KK.

dnocito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnocito View Post
I just purchased a replacment factory radio off of Ebay. The radio I have now is the single disc without siriues. The one I got was the 6 disc with sirius. Before I install the radio I want to install the antenna kit. Has anyone installed the Sirius antenna kit? Any tips? I have an 2008 Liberty KK.
The antenna (pic below) has a very strong magnetic base. I mounted the antenna on the driver side roof. The coax cable is thin enough to be routed behind the window seal, around the door jam and into the cabin to the radio. Tie up any excess cable neatly out of the way.

Don't kink or knot the cable.

Do not mount the antenna above the radio, by the wind shield or anywhere inside the vehicle.
9405128_sa.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:14 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

The antenna magnet is very strong. Never blown of and been through numerous car washes.
10301849.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.