08 Liberty Remote start without extra fob?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 08 Liberty Remote start without extra fob??

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
jmichael99

08 Liberty Remote start without extra fob??

Wife just got an 08 Liberty Sport. I want to get her a remote start for her birthday in november. The only issue we will have is the current key is huge.. and now adding another fob?

Any recommendation on what i can do? I was hoping for an all in one deal if possible

jmichael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
jmichael99

no one knows?
jmichael99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
maitiu

I had the same concern when I got our Liberty a few months ago, I didn't want a giant remote start on my keychain along with the giant key. I ended up finding a factory remote system for the Jeep Liberty on eBay. It comes with two new keys with the remote start buttons on them. After installation, it was just as much or less than buying a system from Best Buy or where ever else.

I will suggest calling around to all of your local Jeep dealerships before getting it installed though. We have 3-4 around here, and all of them quoted me very different prices. I ended up getting it installed for around $150 I believe, that included programming and cutting the new keys as well. One dealership quoted me as high as $350 for installation. Best Buy or any other car audio store would probably also install it, but for this, I'd actually trust a dealership more.
maitiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

I have the factory starter in my Limited. You can add a fob and turn it into a two way system from Chrysler. My last Jeep had a compustar starter that was two way. The reason i bring this up is the factory unit is quite limited in range and function. The compustar had a 1 1/2 mile range, I know but I used it to start the truck in the summer while out boating ( to cool the truck off). It also had programmable features that I used open sun roof, and windows turn on the seat heaters, auto temp control, could keep the truck running after removing the key to go shopping the list goes on. So don't limit yourself to just the factory unit. I would also shy away from the box store junk, you get what you pay for.

Dave
Unread 01-05-2012, 07:38 AM   #5
louder1
2008 KK Liberty 

You can get MSRP from here http://jeepparts.mopar.com/jeep/libe...cessories.html
$235.00 + $250 for install I think is what I paid, one (you get two) key fob for all and you can keep the old ones for spares...
louder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
TMD78

There is a dealership on eBay selling the OEM kit for 185 + shipping. Just got mine today and called the dealership. $150 for the install is what I was told.
TMD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
louder1
2008 KK Liberty 

good deal on the install price, 2 different dealers quoted the same up here in NE. Ebay is not my favorite though...

GL
louder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #8
TMD78

Quote:
Originally Posted by louder1
good deal on the install price, 2 different dealers quoted the same up here in NE. Ebay is not my favorite though...

GL
I agree on eBay but I actually called the number in the listing to check my VIN just in case and the guy was great, much easier to deal with than my parts guy and the kit showed up in 2 days. The box is mopar and things were sealed. Not to say this is a typical eBay experience but I was pleased.
TMD78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.