08 KK TCS, 4WD lights on and off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > 08 KK TCS, 4WD lights on and off

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
molear22

08 KK TCS, 4WD lights on and off

Hello,

As I drive my 08, the TCS light will come on and the "ESPOFF" message will appear in the odometer. Sometimes this goes off. Other times, the TCS light will come on and the SRV 4WD light comes on. Sometimes the TCS, SRV 4WD and 4WD LOW lights will come on. I am not driving in slippery conditions and I haven't needed to use 4WD. I notice that the "N" is illuminated behind the 4WD control and it doesn't go off.

I have brought the car to a trusted mechanic who said it couldn't be a module because the problem is sporadic. Does my module need to be programmed?

I feel when the 4WD light is on, I am chewing through gas - 8th of a tank to go 15 miles.

Any ideas on what's going on? I have only had the car for 6 months. It has 60k miles on it and I have done the recommended 60k maintenance.

Any input is appreciated. Gas is too freaking expensive these days for this to keep happening.

molear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Theres def something wrong with the 4WD system that probably only a dealership can diagnose. If its sporadic id say its prob a sensor on its way out. Id have a deal diag to get a definite answer. Welcome to the forum, what part of MA you from?
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 05:41 AM   #3
molear22

Thanks!

Thank you, I did bring it to the dealer thinking that whatever was wrong was covered under warranty. They wanted to replace my transfer case module, which, of course, isn't covered by warranty. They also said my fluids were black, when in fact, they weren't. So, I will have to find another dealership.

I hang out in Clinton, Mass these days.
molear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 07:24 AM   #4
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

Get outta here I have a friend Jonathan that lives in Clinton
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.