post #1 of Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
CurtisG
2008 JK Wrangler 

First Jeep - '08 JK Unlimited Rubicon

My wife and I just bought our first Jeep on Monday. We picked up an '08 JK Unlimited Rubicon in Steel Blue with just under 30k miles. It is completely stock. Not sure how long it will stay that way. My wife already has her eyes on different bumpers and fenders. : )

Unfortunately, we've had it less than two days and it is headed to the shop. We were cruising around town and noticed a burning smell from the right rear. The wheel was rocket hot and the caliper was making a metallic ping/ting sound. It is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, so it should be covered. The problem doesn't manifest itself until it had been driven for a while. Thinking it is brake line or seized caliper. : (

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1048482632.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	619130  
post #2 of Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
CurtisG
2008 JK Wrangler 

We took our rig off road is Southern Ohio last weekend. she got a little mud on her a few new pinstripes thanks t some tight trails. Had a great time looking forward to our next trip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1015054743.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	504.1 KB
ID:	626254   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4236013929.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	498.6 KB
ID:	626258  
post #3 of Old 06-09-2013, 11:27 PM
DanGemmell
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisG
My wife and I just bought our first Jeep on Monday. We picked up an '08 JK Unlimited Rubicon in Steel Blue with just under 30k miles. It is completely stock. Not sure how long it will stay that way. My wife already has her eyes on different bumpers and fenders. : )

Unfortunately, we've had it less than two days and it is headed to the shop. We were cruising around town and noticed a burning smell from the right rear. The wheel was rocket hot and the caliper was making a metallic ping/ting sound. It is a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, so it should be covered. The problem doesn't manifest itself until it had been driven for a while. Thinking it is brake line or seized caliper. : (
Sounds like maybe an emergency brake cable seized or Matabele the calliper. More likely the Ebrake. Your gonna want to have the checked out and don't drive anymore or it could get costly.
post #4 of Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
CurtisG
2008 JK Wrangler 

It was seized calipers on the front left and rear right corners. Dealership replaced the two calipers and all rotors and pads on their dime. She's in fine shape now.