Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Sloppy

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Sloppy Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Sloppy

Email Bookmark Print
nfdff805

Proud TJ Owner
Rolla

Jeep Information

Year:2004

Model:TJ Wrangler Sport

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:NV3550 5 Speed

Transfer Case:NV231

Front Axle:Dana 35

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:4 inch lift

Tires:31x10.50 Goodyear Wrangler M+S

Wheels:15x8 with 2 inches added backspacing American Racing

Armor:Factory

Recovery Gear:Smittybilt XRC Comp Series 8000lbs winch, 48"Hi-lift, tree saver strap

Accessories:2x sets of wireless controlled off road lights. 1 set on the bumper and the 2nd on the windshield hinge

Future Modifications:Dana 44 front axle with Eaton E-lockers on both ends

I love this Jeep! I will tell you the wireless lights are just the best damn thing ever! I have been doing some winching and had to wait for something, and just pushing the button to turn them on or off was great.. I would keep the front axle, but I have heard that Dana 30 with e-lockers are a ticking time bomb. If anyone has any history with this then shoot me a message.
So I am not sure..
One thing I will say is the girlfriend gets jealous when driving through town and random women say "Nice Jeep! Can I drive it?"

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

nfdff805

Proud TJ Owner
View nfdff805's Jeep
10-13-2013, 01:32 PM
On my Smittybilt XRC 8 comp winch.. After Mudfest I went to clean my rope.. I could not get the lever to select free spool! It was stuck! So I decided since it was submerged I thought It would be a good time to rebuild it. So I looked it up online and found the general consensus was the grease was too heavy.. So I pulled the end cap off and notice there was no sign of water making it into the gear box, the paper gasket was in great shape. So with the end cap in my hand I tried the lever and it was still stuck.. So I cleaned it up and it was still binding.. So I pulled the pin and tap the handle.. I heard something hit the wall behind me.. I got to looking and seen a detent spring and well full of crap! I assume that it was so full the bb would not go down! So I cleaned it out with brake cleaner and packed it with heavy lithium grease, replaced the spring and used a 0.177 bob from my sons BB gun. Put the pin in and tried it.. It was still stuff but works!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.