Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Project Red Dirt

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Project Red Dirt Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Project Red Dirt

Email Bookmark Print

Wakeride89
Edmond

Jeep Information

Year:1999

Model:TJ

Engine:4.0

Transmission:AX-15

Transfer Case:NP231

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:4.56

Suspension:Needs replaced

Tires:BFG AT

Wheels:15" steely

Armor:could use more

Recovery Gear:hooks and D rings

Accessories:none

Future Modifications:skys the limit or my checking account

Hey guys this is my first jeep and I bought it knowing it needed some work. After getting it home and taking a good look at it I found out it was in much worse shape than was described by its former owner, I don't know if it was intentional or not but it's mine now. I know alot about cars and trucks in general but the jeep thing is new to me. It does have some good upgrades on it however most of them dont work. It hase ARB lockers front and rear but the compressor is not operational. It has a 4.5 inch rebicon express super flex kit but the whole thing it worn out all the joints are done and the swaybar disconect bushings front and rear are non existant bothe trackbars are shot and Ive already had a welder out to weld some cracked tabs on the axles. I know I has in for a challenge but this is gonna be war. It does run and drive shifts well has terrible DW's at 40 miles an hour though Im assuming thats doe to all the loose components in the suspension when I got it the front drive shaft was out of it because the cv joint was broken. I am having a really hard time finding a front driveshaft too. The engine runs good but needs to has some leaks fixed but all in all the clutch tranny and engine seem to work well together. I know im in it for the long haul here so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks guys Brett

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Wakeride89
View Wakeride89's Jeep
05-08-2013, 12:01 PM
So it's been a while since I mad that first post but here is what I ended up with.

Wakeride89
View Wakeride89's Jeep
10-07-2013, 12:27 AM
I added a few more things this weekend.

jeepster1407
View jeepster1407's Jeep
11-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice build so far man!

Wakeride89
View Wakeride89's Jeep
12-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Thank you. I have crawled so pretty knarly stuff with it. I love this jeep stuff!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.