Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Nick's new TJ

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Nick's new TJ Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Nick's new TJ

Email Bookmark Print

NickDangerTJ

Jeep Information

Year:2000

Model:TJ

Engine:4.0l I6

Transmission:NV3550

Transfer Case:NP231J

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73 (stock)

Suspension:3.5" Rough Country (I think) w/ Rancho shocks

Tires:33x12.50x15 Goodyear DuraTracs

Wheels:15" Pro Comp Rock Crawler steelies

Armor:Sun Performance rocker guards

Recovery Gear:None

Accessories:K&N cold air intake, red top Optima

Future Modifications:Too much to list

Just bought my TJ last weekend. This is now the third Jeep I've owned (first Wrangler, other two were XJs). I'm definitely having fun with it, and already have a long list of mods I'd like to do in the future. First thing I'd like is to put some new tires/wheels. The 31's are brand new, but it would look a lot better with some 33's. I'm think Pro Comp black steel wheels with either BFG KM2s or Goodyear MT/Rs. Any opinions or suggestions would be much appreciated. Will 33's run pretty decent assuming this is all stock gearing?

Edit 10/11/11: New picture with 33" DuraTracs and Pro Comp steelies. Sweet!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

flying_bosun

View flying_bosun's Jeep
09-10-2011, 04:55 PM
Congrats on the new rig.

Without knowing what the gearing you have, no one will be able to advise on tire size. "Stock" varies from jeep to jeep, so you'll have to figure out what you have. There should be a tag or stamp on each of your diffs that says what they are and you may be able to figure it using the "stock spec" sticky at the top of TJ Tech

Steel wheels are not recommended as they are often not true/round and can cause/exacerbate death wobble. I'd stick with what you have or try to find some moabs on Craigslist.

LJDesertRat
View LJDesertRat's Jeep
09-10-2011, 05:59 PM
You want to be sure that the vehicle is lifted sufficiently and your backspacing will allow for 33's as well. Congrats and welcome to the real Jeep league.

NickDangerTJ
View NickDangerTJ's Jeep
09-10-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm pretty positive it's lifted enough for 33's. I was searching around on the shocks today, they're Rancho RS5256, which on the Rancho site from what I can gather goes with either the 2.5 or 3.5 inch lift kits, and mine looks closer to 3.5 then 2.5.

I'm not too worried about Steel wheels being imperfect compared to Alloys (although thanks for the advice). I never had any issues with them on my XJ. It would be nice to save on the weight I suppose, but Steel are so cheap. 3.75" backspacing should be more then enough on 33's, correct?

NickDangerTJ
View NickDangerTJ's Jeep
09-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Also, looks like I should be running 3.73 gears according to the TJ Tech sticky.

CountryBoysZJ
View CountryBoysZJ's Jeep
09-14-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm runnin ProComp Rock Krawler "D" window steelies with 3.75 back spacing and it's a 15x10 rim. Definitely need more flare. But they're sweet and don't rub unless your flexin 'er out pretty good.

CountryBoysZJ
View CountryBoysZJ's Jeep
09-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Oh and 3.73s are a b*tch when it comes to hills and 33s. Lol. But i manage for now. 6th gear is worthless though.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.