Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > HELP. Transmission problems

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

HELP. Transmission problems Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

HELP. Transmission problems

Email Bookmark Print
97tank
Palm harbor

Jeep Information

Year:1997

Model:Tj

Engine:4.0 inline 6

Suspension:6 in teraflex

Tires:35 in super swampers

So last night I decided to go wheeling at a local pit, I was riding a mud trail cover in water and I went from two inches deep too two feet deep really quick. I got towed out and drove to my buddies house to pull the plugs and make sure every thing was good. As I go to drive home I realize that first gear was jolting and my clutch was acting funny. This morning I go to drive it and it won't go into gear AT ALLLL. I don't know what to do about this except drop 700$ at a shop. Anybody else have any ideas? HELP

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Tjaxon07
View Tjaxon07's Jeep
11-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Mine did the same once. I can't remember for the life of me what the part is called... But on the left side of the engine there should be a blue box with spark plug wires.
A guy opened it up, sprayed wd40 in it and dried it out. Basically since it got wet, made the jeep hesitate. I wasn't able to drive 5 feet without it stalling out. It may be the distributor cap? Idk. I'll find out haha.
Basically it needed to dry then it started running like a beast again. Haha

Tjaxon07
View Tjaxon07's Jeep
11-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Oh. And make sure you hose out your radiator real good. I got mine clogged and ended up blowing it up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.