Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > HELP. Transmission problems

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

HELP. Transmission problems Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

HELP. Transmission problems

Email Bookmark Print
97tank
Palm harbor

Jeep Information

Year:1997

Model:Tj

Engine:4.0 inline 6

Suspension:6 in teraflex

Tires:35 in super swampers

So last night I decided to go wheeling at a local pit, I was riding a mud trail cover in water and I went from two inches deep too two feet deep really quick. I got towed out and drove to my buddies house to pull the plugs and make sure every thing was good. As I go to drive home I realize that first gear was jolting and my clutch was acting funny. This morning I go to drive it and it won't go into gear AT ALLLL. I don't know what to do about this except drop 700$ at a shop. Anybody else have any ideas? HELP

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Tjaxon07
View Tjaxon07's Jeep
11-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Mine did the same once. I can't remember for the life of me what the part is called... But on the left side of the engine there should be a blue box with spark plug wires.
A guy opened it up, sprayed wd40 in it and dried it out. Basically since it got wet, made the jeep hesitate. I wasn't able to drive 5 feet without it stalling out. It may be the distributor cap? Idk. I'll find out haha.
Basically it needed to dry then it started running like a beast again. Haha

Tjaxon07
View Tjaxon07's Jeep
11-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Oh. And make sure you hose out your radiator real good. I got mine clogged and ended up blowing it up.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.