post #1 of Old 10-19-2004, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
gyrusx
Registered User
 
gyrusx's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peace Gardens
Posts: 107
got mine:D pics

got my 05 willy's a few days ago. moved from a grand cherokee. I have to get the new decals 41MB 05 TJ instead of 04 TJ and dealer is supposed to install 225's instead of 215's. basically standard except auto and trac lock .

its my DD now. its noisier than a motorcycle, rocks like a paper boat in the atlantic, but hey..its fun!


here are some pics:

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/amalic/jeep1.jpg

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/amalic/jeep2.jpg

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/amalic/jeep3.jpg




cheers:d

gyrusx is offline  
post #2 of Old 10-19-2004, 04:44 PM
datank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Newportnews Va
Posts: 39
looks real good how much did it cost you
datank is offline  
post #3 of Old 10-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Oman Jeep
Registered User
 
Oman Jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 5,162
Looks real good but it needs significantly bigger tires IMO. What's the difference in profile on the new tires your dealer is putting on?

That thing would be great with a 1" boost and the equivalent of 31" tires.
Oman Jeep is offline  
post #4 of Old 10-19-2004, 05:04 PM
AudioGuru
Registered User
 
AudioGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: || <--This close to being banned.
Posts: 783
Now just pull out the roll cage, fold down the windshield, ditch the top and doors, plink it full of holes with a .357, and electrical tape the headlights so there is only a horizontal stripe of lens showing. Ask everyone you meet to point you to the battlefield.

Good purchase.

Electric Hardtop Hoist
Clifford Matrix

Don't lie. God said so.
AudioGuru is offline  
post #5 of Old 10-19-2004, 05:26 PM
KurbKrawler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 124
awsome looks real good

Rustys 5.5 lift, ,35s, stinger, soon to put on 4.88s, super35 w/arb and front arb air lockers
KurbKrawler is offline  
post #6 of Old 10-19-2004, 06:01 PM
thebulkinator
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Where dont I live
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGuru
Now just pull out the roll cage, fold down the windshield, ditch the top and doors, plink it full of holes with a .357, and electrical tape the headlights so there is only a horizontal stripe of lens showing. Ask everyone you meet to point you to the battlefield.

Good purchase.

Funny! I could see it.
thebulkinator is offline  
post #7 of Old 10-19-2004, 06:27 PM
RescuedJK
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: west brooklyn, IL
Posts: 792
if its an 05 why didn't it come with the 05 stickers on the hood
RescuedJK is offline  
post #8 of Old 10-19-2004, 06:53 PM
sbninja
Registered User
 
sbninja's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjman97
if its an 05 why didn't it come with the 05 stickers on the hood

Cause maybe it's an 04

Something doesn't make sense.

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport - Black
WARN steering box skid,Nth degree Oil pan skid
RE 3.5" - M.O.R.E. 1" BL - M.O.R.E. 1" MML
15x8 Tech1 Rock Crawlers (4.5" BS)
35"x12.50x15 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers
Aussie locked 30/ Ultimate 35 kit w/detroit

Black Jeep Club v2.0 Member #49
See Jeep Here
And here
sbninja is offline  
post #9 of Old 10-19-2004, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
gyrusx
Registered User
 
gyrusx's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peace Gardens
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjman97
if its an 05 why didn't it come with the 05 stickers on the hood
It is a dealer installed option. Dealer put these on for some reason known to him. Has ordered '05 decals and will put them on once he gets them.

these tires are ridiculously small, and will get 225 R15 once dealer gets them. Hopefully that will improve the profile

i would love the take the top off and get the windshield down, but it is in the 20's already
gyrusx is offline  
post #10 of Old 10-19-2004, 09:26 PM
AudioGuru
Registered User
 
AudioGuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: || <--This close to being banned.
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrusx
i would love the take the top off and get the windshield down, but it is in the 20's already
I was kidding. If you did all those things, it would look a lot like an original WWII Willys.

Electric Hardtop Hoist
Clifford Matrix

Don't lie. God said so.
AudioGuru is offline  
post #11 of Old 10-19-2004, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
gyrusx
Registered User
 
gyrusx's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peace Gardens
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by datank
looks real good how much did it cost you

about 22,900. added some other thingies like remote start, rust inhibitor and paint protection.
gyrusx is offline  
post #12 of Old 10-19-2004, 10:42 PM
jrtdogbone
Registered User
 
jrtdogbone's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 912
41 MB - 05 TJ Willys

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrusx
got my 05 willy's a few days ago. moved from a grand cherokee. I have to get the new decals 41MB 05 TJ instead of 04 TJ and dealer is supposed to install 225's instead of 215's. basically standard except auto and trac lock .

its my DD now. its noisier than a motorcycle, rocks like a paper boat in the atlantic, but hey..its fun!


here are some pics:

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/amalic/jeep1.jpg

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/amalic/jeep2.jpg

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/amalic/jeep3.jpg

cheers:d
Gyrusx,
I have the 04 Willys. I've been modifing it for the last year. Click on my signature below to see my progress. I just finished the lift, discos, 31" tires, and a Lock Right in my front Dana 30. Get your wallet out and get started.

Good Luck!

The Dog

..

.

The Dog

2004 Jeep Willys
http://jeep-willys.com/
jrtdogbone is offline  
post #13 of Old 10-20-2004, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
gyrusx
Registered User
 
gyrusx's Avatar
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Peace Gardens
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtdogbone
Gyrusx,
I have the 04 Willys. I've been modifing it for the last year. Click on my signature below to see my progress. I just finished the lift, discos, 31" tires, and a Lock Right in my front Dana 30. Get your wallet out and get started.

Good Luck!

The Dog

..

.
hey...i like the lift, looks cool. is that a camou spare cover? is it a mopar thingie or you got it from elsewhere????

right now i am trying to find a gps. once the initial shock is over, will start spending money
gyrusx is offline  
post #14 of Old 10-20-2004, 08:57 AM
XJ2001
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 41
I didnt see the willys on the jeep page? where can i find all the package info for them?
XJ2001 is offline  
post #15 of Old 10-20-2004, 03:59 PM
jrtdogbone
Registered User
 
jrtdogbone's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 912
Get Your Wallet Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyrusx
hey...i like the lift, looks cool. is that a camou spare cover? is it a mopar thingie or you got it from elsewhere????

right now i am trying to find a gps. once the initial shock is over, will start spending money
gyrusx,

Yeah, this tire cover (pack cover) can be your first mod only $2.98 and you won't find many this cheap. Here is the website.

http://www.armygear.net/ag/store/0005.html

I put the Old Man Emu 2.5 Lift on and it rides 100% better. The shocks are great. Here's the website:

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/


Good luck on your mods!

The Dog

..

.

The Dog

2004 Jeep Willys
http://jeep-willys.com/
jrtdogbone is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Rental vs Mine Little Green JK Wrangler Technical Forum 6 07-06-2009 01:42 PM
Got mine! Zero-G JK Wrangler Technical Forum 6 05-14-2007 08:37 AM
soon to be mine 89 YJ admar2 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 10 04-30-2005 03:06 PM
Mine done too gunsworth YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 1 07-28-2003 07:59 PM
How come mine doesn't say 4.0? Bob J TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 48 07-20-2002 08:10 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome