post #1 of Old 01-06-2013, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
absjeepfiona

Essential parts

I'm just looking for peoples opinions on which parts they love about their jeep Tj's that you are very pleased with. I would like to know what front end parts, what diff set-ups you are glad you changed out from stock. I have a project jeep and am looking for ideas on which parts I should get for optimal 4 wheeling results. It is however my everyday driver and I do take it on the highway from time to time. Let me know what you've done to your Jeep Tj's. I'm excited to see some sick Tj's.

post #2 of Old 01-07-2013, 01:55 PM
jeep06wx

Swapped my axles out for a matching set of dana 60's (king pin hp) . come out of a 78 ford F250 snow-Fighter. Under cover fab belly up pan. 1 inch body lift and motor mount lift. Trussed front and rear 4 link 4 inch long arm (custom built). Stretched in the real. Metal cloak front fenders. 38.5x11R15 super swampers with custom bead locks I had cut on the water jet at work. It's a work in progress but its slowly coming together .... There never done lol
post #3 of Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
absjeepfiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep06wx
Swapped my axles out for a matching set of dana 60's (king pin hp) . come out of a 78 ford F250 snow-Fighter. Under cover fab belly up pan. 1 inch body lift and motor mount lift. Trussed front and rear 4 link 4 inch long arm (custom built). Stretched in the real. Metal cloak front fenders. 38.5x11R15 super swampers with custom bead locks I had cut on the water jet at work. It's a work in progress but its slowly coming together .... There never done lol
Wow that sounds pretty awesome. Haha do you have any pictures? I'd love to see your beast. How does your front end handle with the axles out of the snow-fighter? I was thinking about taking the axles off a bronco just for a bit wider of a wheel base.
post #4 of Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
jeep06wx

Just signed up on here today, have not gotten any pics up yet :-( have not figure this app out yet on the iPhone either. Lol. Handles great all around. The snow fighter axles are wider than standard 60's. the short side is a little longer. Only down side to the snow fighters being wider is that it can be tricky getting into tighter areas on a trail. Other than that I love it. If I had to do it again I would go to west coast gear supply and buy a dana 60 set up for a TJ (bolt in)
post #5 of Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
absjeepfiona

Quote:
Just signed up on here today, have not gotten any pics up yet :-( have not figure this app out yet on the iPhone either. Lol. Handles great all around. The snow fighter axles are wider than standard 60's. the short side is a little longer. Only down side to the snow fighters being wider is that it can be tricky getting into tighter areas on a trail. Other than that I love it. If I had to do it again I would go to west coast gear supply and buy a dana 60 set up for a TJ (bolt in)
Yeah the fact it's a bit tricky to get into smaller areas isn't really my issue haha I live in Alberta so we don't really find trails with trees around it's more just rock climbing so it'd be better for me to have a wider setup since the wheel base is so short and I removed the sway bar it gets pretty sketchy climbing a rock wall with it when it starts to incline too much. It would just make me feel a lot more safe. Haha a Dana 60 would rip it up. But I'll definitely look into that a bit more. Hopefully there's a happy medium somewhere between the two. Haha no problem i just joined this app the other day but it's awesome!
post #6 of Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM
jeep06wx

Have you considered a built 44 front and rear OR a rubicon 44 in the front and a ford 8.8 out back?? Get one out a exploder at a junk yard and build it up. Just as tough. Or a 14 bolt... If you can swing the cash the 60 is the way to go. Look on craigslist in Tennessee ... I always seem to find great stuff there. If you need and help just send me a message ill help the best I can
post #7 of Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
absjeepfiona

Quote:
Have you considered a built 44 front and rear OR a rubicon 44 in the front and a ford 8.8 out back?? Get one out a exploder at a junk yard and build it up. Just as tough. Or a 14 bolt... If you can swing the cash the 60 is the way to go. Look on craigslist in Tennessee ... I always seem to find great stuff there. If you need and help just send me a message ill help the best I can
I have considered that, it seems like it wouldn't be too difficult either, but a lot of my factors are cash. I work at a parts store so I can usually get things for a pretty decent price but not always. Haha damn projects! I'm sure I'll figure out something haha we have an autowrecker here too so I could go out there and wander the yard and see what they've got. haha they love me there too so I get wicked deals so I think that's what I'll do. Sweet! Thank you so much