Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Dune Bug

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Dune Bug Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Dune Bug

Email Bookmark Print

Camio

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:Wrangler SE

Engine:2.5L I4

Transmission:AX5

Transfer Case:NP 231

Front Axle:Dana 30 with Aussie locker & Solid cover

Rear Axle:Dana 35 with Solid cover

Axle Gear Ratio:4.10

Suspension:BDS 2" lift, BDS shocks, JKS quicker disconnects

Tires:33" BFGoodrich KM1s/KM2s

Wheels:15" American Racing Outlaw II aluminum

Armor:Custom front bumper & steering skid, Skid Row engine skid, Savvy sliders

Recovery Gear:Mile Marker SE9500 winch, Tow strap, D rings, tow hitch

Accessories:Wet Okole seat covers, Sliding Half-Doors, Hi Lift, incliniometer/compass

Future Modifications:1" body lift, snorkel, bedlined tub, MSD ignition

This is my little Jeep! I've got 4-banger pride.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Vanwinkle1223
View Vanwinkle1223's Jeep
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Have you done alot to your suspension for rock climbing? I bought a 93 YJ and skyjack lift kit. Is that enough to go on rocks with?!

Camio
View Camio's Jeep
04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
No, I haven't done too much, just a simple 2" lift, which pretty much gets me where I need to go. I'm not too knowledgeable on YJ lifts, but I think that whatever amount you need to clear 33s should be all you need to get where you want to go, unless you want a really hardcore rock crawler.

Vanwinkle1223
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
No I just don't want to be left behind on moderate trails. I got 3" of suspension and a body lift with 33s so I'm hoping I'm good to go. I appreciate the input

Vanwinkle1223
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Mines also a 4 cylinder with manual tranny. I love it but everyone *****es that they don't have enough power. My output is pretty good even with the lift n tires.

Camio
View Camio's Jeep
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
3" on 33s is plenty to get you around on moderate trails. I've been able to handle stuff as difficult as blacks at Rausch Creek. Really, unless you want to do buggy-only stuff, you just have to be smart and pick good lines and 33s will get you through just fine.

Yeah, my 4-banger really gets around just fine. I can't complain around town, I don't even notice any difference offroad, and I can still do decently on the highway. I got it to 91 MPH once!

Vanwinkle1223
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Haha I don't intend to push it that far! 91 in mine if I hit a pot hole it would flip haha.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.