Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Dune Bug

Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday SaNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Dune Bug Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Dune Bug

Email Bookmark Print

Camio

Jeep Information

Year:1998

Model:Wrangler SE

Engine:2.5L I4

Transmission:AX5

Transfer Case:NP 231

Front Axle:Dana 30 with Aussie locker & Solid cover

Rear Axle:Dana 35 with Solid cover

Axle Gear Ratio:4.10

Suspension:BDS 2" lift, BDS shocks, JKS quicker disconnects

Tires:33" BFGoodrich KM1s/KM2s

Wheels:15" American Racing Outlaw II aluminum

Armor:Custom front bumper & steering skid, Skid Row engine skid, Savvy sliders

Recovery Gear:Mile Marker SE9500 winch, Tow strap, D rings, tow hitch

Accessories:Wet Okole seat covers, Sliding Half-Doors, Hi Lift, incliniometer/compass

Future Modifications:1" body lift, snorkel, bedlined tub, MSD ignition

This is my little Jeep! I've got 4-banger pride.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Vanwinkle1223
View Vanwinkle1223's Jeep
04-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Have you done alot to your suspension for rock climbing? I bought a 93 YJ and skyjack lift kit. Is that enough to go on rocks with?!

Camio
View Camio's Jeep
04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
No, I haven't done too much, just a simple 2" lift, which pretty much gets me where I need to go. I'm not too knowledgeable on YJ lifts, but I think that whatever amount you need to clear 33s should be all you need to get where you want to go, unless you want a really hardcore rock crawler.

Vanwinkle1223
04-14-2011, 03:57 PM
No I just don't want to be left behind on moderate trails. I got 3" of suspension and a body lift with 33s so I'm hoping I'm good to go. I appreciate the input

Vanwinkle1223
04-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Mines also a 4 cylinder with manual tranny. I love it but everyone *****es that they don't have enough power. My output is pretty good even with the lift n tires.

Camio
View Camio's Jeep
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
3" on 33s is plenty to get you around on moderate trails. I've been able to handle stuff as difficult as blacks at Rausch Creek. Really, unless you want to do buggy-only stuff, you just have to be smart and pick good lines and 33s will get you through just fine.

Yeah, my 4-banger really gets around just fine. I can't complain around town, I don't even notice any difference offroad, and I can still do decently on the highway. I got it to 91 MPH once!

Vanwinkle1223
04-14-2011, 04:11 PM
Haha I don't intend to push it that far! 91 in mine if I hit a pot hole it would flip haha.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.