Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Black Betty

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Black Betty Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Black Betty

Email Bookmark Print

brownl11
Long Beach

Jeep Information

Year:2001

Model:Wrangler (TJ)

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:NV3550

Transfer Case:NV231

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.07

Suspension:2.5" Rough Country

Tires:31x10.5x15

Wheels:Stock 15"

Recovery Gear:Tow Strap

Future Modifications:New Control Arms, SYE, New U-Joints & Drive Shafts (front/rear)

This is my second TJ, my first was a 2000 4.0L that I sold in college I got my second and current Jeep in March 2012 and she was a little worse for wear. She had faded fenders and a dry rotted soft topm along with a crack windshield. Little bit of surface rust that I tediously ground down and treated and then repainted on the under side. Then I attacked the fluids, first an engine oil/filter change, followed by changing the gear oil in both diffs. After that I drained and put fresh gear oil in the transmission, a 5 spd manual. The rims and tires were shot. Tires balled and rims so rusted they leaked air through the rim. Luckily the spare was good and I found a set of 4 stock sized tires on the same rim at a swap meet for 90.00 USD. You read that right 90.00 for all 4 and they had enough tread to get me through the summer. After her new shoes I order a Rampage Frameles Soft Top and new upper door skins to replace the tattered original top. Towards the end of summer I pulled all the carpet and seats and bed lined the interior with Duplicolor's Bed Armor. Then in the fall I replaced all the brake pads and put in a 2.5" Rough Country Suspension lift complete with new coils and shocks. With the new suspension I put a set of BF Goodrich A/T's 31x10.5x15 on the stock rims that I powder coated black. I also through in a few smaller additions like LED dashboard cluster lights and a new wiper switch on the steering column. I am also a victim of the melting HVAC switch problem. This is due to the fan blower motor putting out too much juice into the wires. I have yet to replace the fan motor yet but that is the next thing I order on payday lol. And that's where she stands to date. More pics to come I am a new to forum's completely, this is my first.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.