Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > Black Betty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Black Betty Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Black Betty

Email Bookmark Print

brownl11
Long Beach

Jeep Information

Year:2001

Model:Wrangler (TJ)

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:NV3550

Transfer Case:NV231

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 35

Axle Gear Ratio:3.07

Suspension:2.5" Rough Country

Tires:31x10.5x15

Wheels:Stock 15"

Recovery Gear:Tow Strap

Future Modifications:New Control Arms, SYE, New U-Joints & Drive Shafts (front/rear)

This is my second TJ, my first was a 2000 4.0L that I sold in college I got my second and current Jeep in March 2012 and she was a little worse for wear. She had faded fenders and a dry rotted soft topm along with a crack windshield. Little bit of surface rust that I tediously ground down and treated and then repainted on the under side. Then I attacked the fluids, first an engine oil/filter change, followed by changing the gear oil in both diffs. After that I drained and put fresh gear oil in the transmission, a 5 spd manual. The rims and tires were shot. Tires balled and rims so rusted they leaked air through the rim. Luckily the spare was good and I found a set of 4 stock sized tires on the same rim at a swap meet for 90.00 USD. You read that right 90.00 for all 4 and they had enough tread to get me through the summer. After her new shoes I order a Rampage Frameles Soft Top and new upper door skins to replace the tattered original top. Towards the end of summer I pulled all the carpet and seats and bed lined the interior with Duplicolor's Bed Armor. Then in the fall I replaced all the brake pads and put in a 2.5" Rough Country Suspension lift complete with new coils and shocks. With the new suspension I put a set of BF Goodrich A/T's 31x10.5x15 on the stock rims that I powder coated black. I also through in a few smaller additions like LED dashboard cluster lights and a new wiper switch on the steering column. I am also a victim of the melting HVAC switch problem. This is due to the fan blower motor putting out too much juice into the wires. I have yet to replace the fan motor yet but that is the next thing I order on payday lol. And that's where she stands to date. More pics to come I am a new to forum's completely, this is my first.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.