Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > 1998 TJ Sahara

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

1998 TJ Sahara Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

1998 TJ Sahara

Email Bookmark Print
MooreJeepin93
riverton

Jeep Information

This is my first jeep, I've had it for about three months now and I've takenough it wheeling three times.

On the first trip we went wheeling in the uintau mountains just south of where I live. everything went well, nobody broke down or got stuck.

The second trip was to Moab with my dad and his jeep. The first day of our Moab trip we started fairly easy with fins and things. That first real trail got me hooked on the sport, after getting some confidence with my driving I decided I wanted to step it up.

Day two of our Moab trip we went on (my favorite Moab trail) hell's revenge! My jeep handled that trail no problem. I went through some of The smaller mud pots and never took the alternate routes. My jeep isn't modified enough to even consider going up the escalator (maybe once my loan is paid off). Tip over challenge: very appropriately named, without lockers and running the 31s that I had just didn't cut it. I ended up having to back down which was one of the sketchiest things I have ever done.

Day three consisted of waking uo at 6 a.m. and heading out to 3D. That is a beautiful and fairly easy trail with slight climbs and sand washout, great for beginner crawlers. At nearly rhetoric end of the journey after you start climbing out of the canyon my lower control arm bracket broke, leaving me to tack weld it back on and hobble back to town.

When I got to the valley I ordered myself some new LCA s and brackets (quite a bit beefier than stock)

Right now I have some metal cloak fenders on order and I have upgraded to 35s. My the dad gorgeous some work done to his jeep and kept his old parts for me: 4" lift kit, dana44s w/e-lockers and his rims and tires (the 35s)

This rig is going to keep me busy!

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.