Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > 06 TJ Rubicon (Kinda)

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

06 TJ Rubicon (Kinda) Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

06 TJ Rubicon (Kinda)

Email Bookmark Print

Zyriana
Pioneer

Jeep Information

Year:2006

Model:Wrangler Rubicon

Engine:4.0L

Transmission:Stock

Transfer Case:231 (phhhht....)

Front Axle:Dana 35 (yes, really...)

Rear Axle:Dana 35 (yeah, no kiddin'...)

Axle Gear Ratio:Figuring this out

Suspension:Looks like a hack job, I'll get back to you on that

Wheels:ProComp

Armor:XRC Tube Fenders, Corner Guards, Stinger

Recovery Gear:Workin' on it

Accessories:Me

Future Modifications:Get this baby back to Rubicon status, then I'll work on mods.

I bought my Jeep used, verified the VIN as a Rubicon - but alas, it's a victim of being stripped of it's Dana 44s, lockers (obviously), compressors (why leave that eh?), switched out the transfer case to a 231 and who knows what else.... I'm just figuring it all out now. Everything under there looks old as heck.

... so should have NOT listened when people told me "girls don't take shop class!" - OMG I wish I had ...

But learning as I go!

I still love my Jeep - even though it's a bit "gimpy" and obviously in need of work. Which is happening, little by little.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

tdavid14
View tdavid14's Jeep
07-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Have someone who really knows their stuff check out what axles are under there; you might be pleasantly surprised. Most folks don't "downgrade" a Rubi.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using JeepForum

MetalijeeP
View MetalijeeP's Jeep
07-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Could you post some good pics of your diff covers? I can ID them.

MetalijeeP
View MetalijeeP's Jeep
08-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Ok, the diffs are both Dana 35s, and the 231 is the same that's in my 97 Sahara, thr rubicons did come with 44s and 241, but from what I can see of your front susp, it doesn't look like its been messedwith. I foud some info on VINs, and if the 6th is a 6 it SHOULD be a Rubicon. Also - look for evidence of the Rubicon stickers having been removed from the sides of the hood. From the pics it looks like a regular jeep to me but I'm not up close. Nice jeep tho! Hope this helps. Don't forget to wave!

Zyriana
View Zyriana's Jeep
08-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Thank you so much for verifying for me. I thought I did an ID ok. The VIN I verified when I purchased it: 1J4FA69SX6P740812. Rubicon. But alas, it's a half a Rubi. It's ok - I love it anyway, but totally wish now I knew enough to have verified the axles and at the VERY least flipped the locker switch to make sure it worked.

We all learn huh?

Thanks again for verifying! You are awesome. So... know anyone selling stock Dana 44s and a txfr case???

~ I wave always with a smile! ~

MetalijeeP
View MetalijeeP's Jeep
08-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Keep on Jeepin'! Take care.

wwch99tj

View wwch99tj's Jeep
08-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalijeeP View Post
Ok, the diffs are both Dana 35s, and the 231 is the same that's in my 97 Sahara, thr rubicons did come with 44s and 241, but from what I can see of your front susp, it doesn't look like its been messedwith. I foud some info on VINs, and if the 6th is a 6 it SHOULD be a Rubicon. Also - look for evidence of the Rubicon stickers having been removed from the sides of the hood. From the pics it looks like a regular jeep to me but I'm not up close. Nice jeep tho! Hope this helps. Don't forget to wave!
Not both 35's...
Dana 30 front
Dana 35 rear

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

MetalijeeP
View MetalijeeP's Jeep
08-16-2013, 09:07 PM
My bad. Sorry.

wwch99tj

View wwch99tj's Jeep
08-16-2013, 09:19 PM
no problems

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.