Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > TJ Wrangler > 00 tj right turn steering locking up

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft Ki

00 tj right turn steering locking up Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep TJ Wrangler Next Jeep

00 tj right turn steering locking up

Email Bookmark Print
lemonsamongus

Jeep Information

I recently bought a 00 tj , the previous owner lifted it about 3-4 inches and slapped 32's on. She rides cherry but when I make right turns the front end steering locks up almost feeling like I'm in 4 whl. Drive. It seems as if the pitman arm stayed stock, while everything else got changed, and the is quite a bit of wear and stress on the bushing and drag link. So from the steering box to the pitman to the draglink, could the problem be the pitman arm isn't low enough to where it isn't pushing the draglink where it needs to be when I make a right turn. Any info is much appreciated

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.