Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Wrangler1947

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Wrangler1947 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Wrangler1947

Email Bookmark Print
wrangler1947
warrenville

Jeep Information

Year:2009

Model:Wrangler

Transmission:6 speed

Activation of ESP on straight dry road caused lockup of left rear brake and loss of throttle control. ESP light was on & of during this incident which occurred frequently for about two miles and 10 minutes of driving. Turning off ESP did not change the situation. Took it to dealer next day and for $125 told me they couldn't find an error code for this incident and could not find anything wrong. It is extremely scary when you are trying to accelerate and your throttle doesn't respond. Steering jerks to left like the 4 wheel drive is engaged and you are trying to pull into a parking space. This while going about 30 miles an hour and trying to go straight.
Anyone have any luck getting this fixed.
I had the computer module replaced a year ago when both the security light and low tire warning light kept coming on intermittently. $1000 fix was cured by re-programming after three different visits for about 7 days total.
Concerned to let my wife drive it now.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Anticanman

Follow me
View Anticanman's Jeep
12-03-2012, 01:52 AM
I think you need to post this up in jk tech to get an answer.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.