Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Steve

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Steve Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Steve

Email Bookmark Print
Maine1994ZJ
Phippsburg, Maine

Jeep Information

Year:1988

Model:YJ Laredo

Engine:4.2L

Transmission:Crappy Peugeot 5 speed

Transfer Case:NP231

Front Axle:D30

Rear Axle:D35c

Axle Gear Ratio:3.07:1

Suspension:Stock w/2" lift shackles & long shocks

Tires:31x10.50R15 Jetzon Mud Claws

Wheels:American Racing 15x7

Armor:None

Recovery Gear:HiLift 485

Accessories:Hard top, Bimini top, full steel doors, half steel doors, Durango center console

Future Modifications:Probably not, but one can never tell :P

This is Steve, my wife's "new" '88 YJ we just bought in July '13.
He's got a 4.2L with a Weber carb and Nutter Bypass, AX-15 & 231.
Been in Maine his whole life and was obviously garaged except when driven, and NEVER driven in the winter and possibly not in the rain much.
With 120,000 on his odometer, he's seen less than 5,000 miles per year!
Even his clock keeps PERFECT time after all these years!!!

You DON'T find 25 year old Maine based Jeeps that look as new as this one!
We put the 31s on it just after we got it. The 215/75R15s just left the wheel wells looking empty, plus they were all seasons, so that's no good....
I also added a modified Durango center console because there's just no place to put stuff.
Steve is a blast to drive, fun to wheel, and a lot more capable than I thought a leaf sprung Jeep would be!
We prefer when he's topless and doorless, but with a hard top and full steel doors, a Bimini top and steel half doors we have a few options depending on the weather!

My wife's favorite color is purple, so Steve is slowly getting purple accents.
My wife has found purple seat belts and purple "Jeep" and "Wrangler" decals, the flawless steel half doors I found on Craigslist for $75 per door are Amethyst, She found an exact matching purple rattle can and I painted all of the black areas of the dash purple, and I made her a full set of purple paracord grab handles, door handles, door retainer straps.
Black and grey with purple accents looks pretty good together, IMHO

I don't have any good pics of all the purple stuff up, but I'll keep trying.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.