Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > SSC (suburban sport crawler)

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

SSC (suburban sport crawler) Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

SSC (suburban sport crawler)

Email Bookmark Print

Wheelman286
Charlotte, NC

Jeep Information

Year:1992

Model:Wrangler YJ

Engine:AMC 242 4.0 Litre I6

Transmission:Aisin AX-15

Transfer Case:NP231

Front Axle:Dana 30 Reverse Cut

Rear Axle:Dana 35c

Axle Gear Ratio:3.54

Suspension:Rancho 2.0 Suspension Lift

Tires:BFGoodrich Radial All Terrain TA/KO 31x10.50

Wheels:American Racing Alloys- 15x8 - 5 hole with simulated bead-lock (Don't know the name... they are out of production)

Accessories:Factory Options: 4.0L I6, 20gal Fuel Tank, Canyon Blue Metallic paint, Leather-Wrapped 3 spoke steering wheel, Chrome front grill, Chrome front bumper, Anti-Rust Underbody Coating (Like Rhino Liner)

Future Modifications:New lift kit... this one is worn out- probably BDS 2.0" and .5" shackles, Delta 2 mode Hi and LO H4 driving lights, New windshield and frame and windshield light brackets (getting rid of the lightbar), driveline angle reduction kit, a new top (Bestop Halftop), new smoked fender guards (one of the old ones flew off) re-pinstripe the hood, More engine mods

Alright I honestly don't remember everything I have put on my Jeep in the last 8 years but I'll give it a try...

Performance:
Flowmaster DeltaFlow 50s series muffler, black chrome exhaust tip
K&N Air Filter
Poweraid throttle body spacer
Bosch +4 spark plugs

Audio:
Sony CDX-GT310 Bought in 2007 (3rd head unit... first got stolen a month after I got it and second identical one didn't have an AUX input for my Ipod. They were both the same model Kenwood)
Pioneer 2-Way weather resistant 4x6 speakers
VDP 6-speaker overhead soundbar
Q-Power 1000w max sub-woofer in a custom box
American Legacy 900W max 2 channel crossover amp w/separate wired level knob (I got the whole kit.. sub amp and box from a friend of mine for 120 bucks in 2003 and it still sounds just as good as it did then)

All of this together creates what I like to call my 8.1 Half-A$$ surround sound. 8 speakers, 1 subwoofer... no spatial analysis or decoding. I haven't heard a car stereo that sounds better yet... and definitely not in a Jeep.

Interior:
Aluminum shift knobs/w diagrams on them
Polished stainless dash kit (slowly becoming brushed stainless)
White gauge conversion kit
Red bulbs for all dash lights and a blue bulb on the left side of the tachometer (needle gets progressively more red as revs go up)
Suicide Knob
Matching pedals (match the exterior color)
Custom Fabricated aluminum switch panel for the light bar
Both shifter stalks wrapped in hemp from shift knob to shift boot (removed when i replaced the clutch)
Black Tuffy Series 2 security console
CB radio/PA system (took it out a couple of years ago)
Homemade and carpeted to match Rear Shelf/Trunk lid (keeps my subwoofer, amp, spare parts and toolbox hidden when the full top is on)

Exterior:
Bestop Wind Jammer
Smoked bug deflector and matching fender guards (lost getting new ones)
Clear turn signal lenses and side markers (LEDs in the side markers Xenons in the Front Signals)
IPF H4 headlight conversion kit
Carr Rotabar folding lightbar (coming off this summer, hopefully)
Brush guards for taillights
Mini-RC looking CB antenna
Carr Aluminum steps and door jam guards
3-5 different sets of foglights on the bumper over the years

Stuff the Jeep came with IE: stuff installed by my old man:
Stainless steel hinge and hardware kit
Stainless steel tubular rear bumper
Stainless steel rocker hoops
Chrome brush guard
2' Rancho suspension lift
1" tranny lowering kit
American Racing 5 Hole Alloys
Black Bestop Trailmax Seats
Bestop Bikini Top
Bestop Tenneau Cover

Everything I put on I installed myself and that includes wiring and fabrication except the muffler.(I didn't know how to weld... still don't actually)

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Wheelman286
View Wheelman286's Jeep
03-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Pics
I added new pics that are actually relevant because they aren't 6 years old... the pic with the beads is a little over 6 years old by the way

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.