Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > SearchLight

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

SearchLight Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

SearchLight

Email Bookmark Print
SearchLight
Vancouver

Jeep Information

Year:1992

Model:Renegade

Engine:Inline 6 4.0L FI

Transmission:5speed

Transfer Case:Stock

Front Axle:Stock

Rear Axle:Limited slip

Axle Gear Ratio:Not sure

Suspension:2.5" lift

Tires:31x10.5x15

Wheels:Gambler

Accessories:Tons

Future Modifications:Tons

First time jeeper here. Just bought a renegade a few months back for 1,500$. Put over 7k into it already. But I love it.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

SearchLight
View SearchLight's Jeep
06-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Also I do have a problem. It all started when I first got the jeep. About a week later I snapped the driveshaft. I was told it was because the springs were flat. So I bought a lift kit and took it to a local shop to get them to install it and fix the driveshaft. (worst mistake ever). Well they installed it all. Than I drove it for about a month later and SNAP. Broke it again. Along with the yolk. So at this point I decided I'll do it myself. (First timer here). I wen to a wrecked and told them my situation. They gave me the parts I need for $100. Got home and compared them to the parts that broke. Noticed right away the old driveshaft the shop put in was way smaller. Side by side it was about 3" shorter. Held it up to the t case and notice it only grabbed 3/4 of an inch. So yea. That was why. Well my bigger problem that can from all that is. Wen it snapped I was on the hwy. going fast... It snapped and was flying around under the jeep. Destroyed my exhaust, but worse the shaft hit the road and dug in cause the jeep to launch in the air. It didnt flip or anything. Thank god i was going straight, but doing this it somehow bent my output shaft to my transfer case. I've been reading about everyone buying the SYE but there very pricy and I'm very broke ***. I called the wreckers and they want to sell me the whole t case for about $500. I'm wondering if anyone who had a spare output shaft around?? I have a 92 yj renegade. Inline 6 5 speed.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.