Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > None yet!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

None yet! Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

None yet!

Email Bookmark Print

cprofeta92

Jeep Information

Year:87

Model:YJ

Engine:2.5L 4 Cylinder

Transmission:5 Speed

Suspension:Stock springs and shocks

Tires:30x9.5x15

Wheels:Stock Jeep rims painted black

I got my 87' YJ about 4 years ago. My dad picked it up for $500 and we had to fix a few things on it but I was young so I don't remember what he had to do to get it running well.

This is not my daily driver so I'm doing the best I can to save up to put a lift kit on it with some 33's or 35's depending on how high I go on the lift.

Any suggestions on a lift kit? Being a poor college student, my best bet since I live in Florida and theres nothing crazy rock wise, is a 4" Rough County lift with maybe a 1" BL to hopefully clear 35's.

I'm not the most mechanical so any help will help!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

jeeper1987
View jeeper1987's Jeep
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I would go with a combination if lifts 2 inch body and a 3 inch suspension

cprofeta92
View cprofeta92's Jeep
12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah I plan on doing the 4" w/ 1" body lift and maybe shackle lift. Idk I'm still new to this and that seems to be common among lifted yj's

jeeper1987
View jeeper1987's Jeep
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Shackle lifts are good but watch your springs a buddy of mine did that and the leverage bent his springs

cprofeta92
View cprofeta92's Jeep
12-02-2011, 03:15 PM
Alright man thanks, I'm still new to this so I'll learn along the way

hfa8592
View hfa8592's Jeep
12-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Lift ideas
I have a 2" shackle lift + a 2.5" spring lift on my '93 YJ. Cheap (relatively) and do-it-yourself easy. The shackles were like $120 for the full set and the leaf springs were about $240 for the full set, all from 4WheelParts. Of course then you have to worry about shock travel as well....

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.