Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Monster Jeep

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Monster Jeep Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Monster Jeep

Email Bookmark Print
Gatzby
Johnson City

Jeep Information

Year:1995

Model:Base

Engine:2.5

Transmission:Stock

Transfer Case:Unknown

Front Axle:Stock

Rear Axle:8" ford

Axle Gear Ratio:4:88

Suspension:8" SOA

Tires:37" SS

Wheels:Black Pacer

Armor:Rear diamond plated guards, tj fender flares, truck steps, 10 gallon gas tank convertion

Recovery Gear:D rings. Recovery strap

Accessories:Hurst shifter

Future Modifications:winch, rear tire carrier bumper, paint

I got this baby about a month ago but haven't had a chance to register it here yet. In this case, this yj was bought not built. I hate that but it was too good of a deal to pass up. First off, yes...the jeep is running 37's with a 4cyl engine. I'm not a fan of that setup, but i do plan to drop something bigger in it if i decide to keep it. It actually gets up and goes pretty well and I haven't had trouble with it offroad even in 2wd. It only has 95000 on the body, and the engine was rebuilt at 90000, so it only has 5k. I got the jeep, an extra rear bumper, tube style sidesteps, half/soft doors, and a buttload of extra hardware with it for only $4000. In my opinion that's a steal. The only thing that really needs fixing on it is the steering. I think it needs a longer pitman arm but I'm not certain. Just has loose steering. That's about it, so far I'm enjoying being part of the square headlight family!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

AroostookYJ
View AroostookYJ's Jeep
04-25-2014, 11:25 AM
Check your steering box for movement. There are aftermarket braces available that help tighten things up. Could also check tie-rod ends for wear.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.