Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Lifted yj struggling

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Lifted yj struggling Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Lifted yj struggling

Email Bookmark Print
tmiller160

Jeep Information

Hey guys. I bought my second Yj about a month ago. Which is currently the only one I have. But anyways. It appears that the previous owner put a 3" body lift on it. And 33x11.50 tires. I went and put a 4" rough country suspension lift on it myself. Along with 1.5" wheel spacers. And r.c. High performance steering stabilizer. The jeep has the 4cyl in her. I plan on putting In a 4bt swap come spring time. My problem now is the jeep isn't Interstatable. Will only run 55 maybe 60 mph down hill in 4th gear. I cannot use 5th gear due to bogging down. No power. I eventually want to put bigger tires. But to get me through the winter. Can anyone give tips to help me maintain speed / power on the interstate. Wether it be new gears. If so. Which? Or whatever else. Like I said I plan on rebuilding in spring. So without going all out. Can someone help me get through the winter ? Thanks.

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.