Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Lifted yj struggling

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Lifted yj struggling Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Lifted yj struggling

Email Bookmark Print
tmiller160

Jeep Information

Hey guys. I bought my second Yj about a month ago. Which is currently the only one I have. But anyways. It appears that the previous owner put a 3" body lift on it. And 33x11.50 tires. I went and put a 4" rough country suspension lift on it myself. Along with 1.5" wheel spacers. And r.c. High performance steering stabilizer. The jeep has the 4cyl in her. I plan on putting In a 4bt swap come spring time. My problem now is the jeep isn't Interstatable. Will only run 55 maybe 60 mph down hill in 4th gear. I cannot use 5th gear due to bogging down. No power. I eventually want to put bigger tires. But to get me through the winter. Can anyone give tips to help me maintain speed / power on the interstate. Wether it be new gears. If so. Which? Or whatever else. Like I said I plan on rebuilding in spring. So without going all out. Can someone help me get through the winter ? Thanks.

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.