Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > kids first

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippiGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

kids first Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

kids first

Email Bookmark Print
dkopp
san antonio

Jeep Information

Year:1995

Model:yj

Engine:2.5

Transmission:5 speed

Transfer Case:stock

Front Axle:30

Rear Axle:35

Axle Gear Ratio:4.11

Suspension:4 inch RC

Tires:33\15

Wheels:DC

Armor:rock front rear and side

Recovery Gear:12000 LB

Accessories:all

Future Modifications:all

I am finishing my sons first jeep 1995 Yj with stock 4 cylinder I have done a full restoration installed a lift 4 inch 33 inch tires new wheels.the jeep spent its life in Utah lots of rust. I installed new brake lines master cylinder new valve front calipers rear drums new seals extended brake lines the brakes were working great before I started I have been the only owner. The problem I am having is I can not get a firm brake pedal it will pump up but only the rear will grab I have ran two bottles of brake fluid thru it and can not get the brakes to work when I push the pedal it gos to the floor and the brake light comes on The dash cluster
What could it be it seems there is no air I find no leaks all parts car new except the booster. Hit a wall what do you think this is my first post as I am new to the forum I have owned jeep for 40 years and never had this happen.
Look forward to what ever help you can offer.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Batty505a
View Batty505a's Jeep
05-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkopp
I am finishing my sons first jeep 1995 Yj with stock 4 cylinder I have done a full restoration installed a lift 4 inch 33 inch tires new wheels.the jeep spent its life in Utah lots of rust. I installed new brake lines master cylinder new valve front calipers rear drums new seals extended brake lines the brakes were working great before I started I have been the only owner. The problem I am having is I can not get a firm brake pedal it will pump up but only the rear will grab I have ran two bottles of brake fluid thru it and can not get the brakes to work when I push the pedal it gos to the floor and the brake light comes on The dash cluster
What could it be it seems there is no air I find no leaks all parts car new except the booster. Hit a wall what do you think this is my first post as I am new to the forum I have owned jeep for 40 years and never had this happen.
Look forward to what ever help you can offer.
Master cylinder?

1987_yj
View 1987_yj's Jeep
05-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Not to insult your intelligence. But did you bench bleed the Master Cylinder before installing it?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.