Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Greg's Folly

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Greg's Folly Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Greg's Folly

Email Bookmark Print
Monkymate
Roanoke

Jeep Information

Year:1991

Model:YJ Islander

Engine:4.0

Transmission:999 Auto

Suspension:Stock - Rear Track Bar

Tires:31x10.5x15

Wheels:Aftermarket Aluminum

Armor:None - Yet

Recovery Gear:30' Strap - So Far

Accessories:Sound Bar, Homemade Overhead Gun Rack, Besttop rear locked compartment, Besttop soft top and Bikini top

Future Modifications:Bumpers, Winch, Hardtop, AC

Bought this for $2500. It needed the gas tank support and a new fill tube for the tank right away. Also had frame rot on the passenger side in back due to a mouse nest. Welded up some 3/16 plate to fix the rot and made a new bracket for the gas tank out of 1/4" angle for the tank support. Track bar was rusted loose on one side and cut it out after reading about it here.

Mods I have done so far are the repairs above. Changed the rear bumper trailer hitch from just a ball to a 2" receiver so I can use my receiver carrier for deer hunting and trips. This only cost me $12 using a 2" adapter tube from Walmart. Made a single gun rack that attaches between the roll cage in the overhead with tension and used ATV gun holders on it. This was only $32 for the ATV gun holders, I had all of the steel in my shop.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.