Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Green Machine

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Green Machine Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Green Machine

Email Bookmark Print
turbokola
Red Lake Falls

Jeep Information

Year:1991

Model:Wrangler YJ

Transmission:Automatic

Our 20 yr old daughter just HAD to have a Jeep. Ultimately when she found one, she was scammed. Nonetheless, its hers now but we have A LOT of work to do on it to even make it driveable and safe.

Fortunately my husband is a mechanic but not a "body" man. (It's full of rust) I'm hoping to learn everything about this Jeep through this forum since we are basically clueless. LOL!

The good news is that it came with a hard top, bikini top, set of full doors and a set of half doors. Hoping those are at least worth what she paid for this Jeep. ($3,000) We need lots and lots of parts and pieces though.

Wish us luck and I'll keep checking in with the forum. Nice to meet you all!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

tedd
View tedd's Jeep
10-20-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbokola
Our 20 yr old daughter just HAD to have a Jeep. Ultimately when she found one, she was scammed. Nonetheless, its hers now but we have A LOT of work to do on it to even make it driveable and safe.

Fortunately my husband is a mechanic but not a "body" man. (It's full of rust) I'm hoping to learn everything about this Jeep through this forum since we are basically clueless. LOL!

The good news is that it came with a hard top, bikini top, set of full doors and a set of half doors. Hoping those are at least worth what she paid for this Jeep. ($3,000) We need lots and lots of parts and pieces though.

Sorry you feel ripped off . Why didn't your husband go with her when she bought it.? Rust is an issue with jeeps if not wash after wheeling and since jeeps were made for mudding you have be religious about keeping it clean especially in the winter months. It good thing fixing rust on jeep don't hurt the resale value . Body work on older jeeps is almost always a given so if you are going to sell it ask what you paid some one will be happy with it I wish you best of luck and remember jeeping is a way of life so get out and jeep it up

tedd
View tedd's Jeep
10-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbokola

Ps remove the running boards and of need put nerf bars under the body to keep moisture off the body work