Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > Blue Jay

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Blue Jay Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

Blue Jay

Email Bookmark Print
jay_m
Friendswood

Jeep Information

Year:1987

Model:Wrangler

Engine:4.2L I6

Transmission:Stock

My first wrangler. I picked it up from an ad on CL. The OD only has 80,000 miles on it, I have no idea if this is right. Great things about this Jeep, it starts, runs and steers, though I am still getting used to that last part on my YJ.

I was completely shocked by the interior. First of all it had a stereo, I can't tell you how many I looked at without one. The dash is in incredible shape, door seats and carpet all look awesome. I had never seen a Jeep with the body color like this one, if anyone can tell me the factory name I'd appreciate it, it's kinda growing on me.

Does anyone have advice on what should be the first thing[s] I should do to a 25 year old Jeep bought off of CL. I know I have lots to look forward to, I want to get the body cleaned up, but what mechanically should I start on, considering that nothing seems wrong with it, other than the tailpipe rattling.http://www.jeepforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Thanks

Jay

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Drpinkydo
View Drpinkydo's Jeep
04-18-2013, 06:53 PM
Congrats and welcome. First thing is to change all of the fluids. Oil and filter, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, and differentials. You have no idea when they were last changed. Make sure you have a good battery and enjoy. There is a ton of basic an not so basic info on this and other forums to help you get started. Google and search functions are your friends. Good luck and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

atopi3

View atopi3's Jeep
12-14-2013, 08:16 PM
jeep
the color is gun metal blue the code for the paint is under the hoodon the plate by the battery.Check the raditor they seem to come unglued over time. the brakes lines,shoes,pads.After all its more imporant to hoe than go.
Have fun and Happy Jeeping

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.