post #1 of Old 10-17-2013, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
ferrolinguist
1993 YJ Wrangler 

93 YJ, name:Cali

Hey y'all, haven't posted a registry thread for my heep since I've been a member, so I figured I'd post the story and some of the pictures I have from along the way.

Bought the jeep for $200 about 5-6 years ago. PO crashed it into a brick wall and ruined the front drivers fender and sent the front driveshaft through the transfer case in turn bending the driveshaft. On top of that they didn't take very good care of it so the inside was a mess and there were some other cosmetic/mechanical issues.

These first two pictures are after I got wheels put on her, and the fender fixed.

Attached Images

-Beau
1993 Wrangler YJ
4.5" RE/BDS Hybrid Lift
Built Not Bought
post #2 of Old 10-17-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
ferrolinguist
1993 YJ Wrangler 

These are from about 2 years after I got the jeep. I replaced the transfer case, and for whatever reason it wouldn't go into gear. Being active duty military made it hard to fix the heep when it was at my parents house due to her inability to move. Needless to say after removing and reinstalling the transfer case some innumerable amount of times, I decided to break out the micrometer and measure the input and output shaft diameters from the t-case and tranny. That was the issue, so I pulled the input shaft from another t-case I had lying around, and swapped it out in my NP231. That fixed it finally, and after that night, she could finally walk again!
Attached Images

-Beau
1993 Wrangler YJ
4.5" RE/BDS Hybrid Lift
Built Not Bought
post #3 of Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
ferrolinguist
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'll post more pics when I can figure out how to resize them, apparently they are too big of a file to upload. -.-

-Beau
1993 Wrangler YJ
4.5" RE/BDS Hybrid Lift
Built Not Bought
post #4 of Old 10-17-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
ferrolinguist
1993 YJ Wrangler 

However in the interim, the more recent pics aren't too big, so I'll get those up.

Name:  image-2075925385.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  524.7 KB

The picture above, is from last winter, after arriving here at Omaha, NE where my new duty station is.

Name:  image-3727278943.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  435.1 KB

This one is from a few weeks ago when I retired my ignition to a push button with a toggle for my ACC and put all of my light switches in one location.

Name:  image-2211631602.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  350.9 KB

And this one is from 3 days ago when I went fishing on the Missouri.

Still have a 4.5" Rubicon Express/BDS Suspension combo lift sitting in the garage, just haven't had the time to put it on. Also, my budget and available time to work on or put into her have decreased considerably due to the addition of my daughter who is now three months old, and only having one income now, since my wife is now a stay at home momma. This doesn't keep my from being determined to have her finished someday, and enjoying the time wrenching on her and bonding with her in the garage and off-road, just slows the progress down a little bit.

-Beau
1993 Wrangler YJ
4.5" RE/BDS Hybrid Lift
Built Not Bought
post #5 of Old 05-04-2014, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
ferrolinguist
1993 YJ Wrangler 

So here's the latest. Got the 4.5 inch RE springs installed with BDS parts for the rest of the lift. Ended up with about 6-8 inches of lift. Got my new headlights installed, and the halos hooked up. My old radio stopped working for now reason, but I came up with a solution. Still no clue how to resize my pics on the mobile app so I can upload them. Help?

-Beau
1993 Wrangler YJ
4.5" RE/BDS Hybrid Lift
Built Not Bought
post #6 of Old 02-10-2015, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
ferrolinguist
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Christmas came a little early this year for my Jeep. Ordered a hood louver from Poison Spyder, dual steering stab from Rough Country, Aussie locker for the D30 in the front, and a 50 inch LED light bar for the top of the windshield. I had a light bar for halogens up there previously but I broke it on a tree on the trails. Will upload pics as soon as possible.

-Beau
1993 Wrangler YJ
4.5" RE/BDS Hybrid Lift
Built Not Bought