Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > YJ Wrangler > 1994 YJ No Spark

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

1994 YJ No Spark Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

1994 YJ No Spark

Email Bookmark Print
cgedge

Jeep Information

Year:1994

Model:YJ Wrangler

Engine:2.5L

Suspension:4" Rubicon Express

This is going to be a little long as I am going to try and be descriptive as possible.
My brother and I had just finished putting on my lift kit and took the Jeep for a spin to see how it rode. Got back and had to change a some fuses to get my brake lights working. The engine was still warm when I went to start it again. The engine was turning over but not starting. We checked and found there was no spark. After messing around for a minute we swapped around relays thinking the Auto Shutdown relay might had went out on us. It started up after that and I claimed an early victory. However, once we started it, took it for a spin and returned, while the engine was still warm, it would not restart. Same problem no spark. Fast forward.
-Still no spark at plugs or distributer.
-Have fuel.
-No indicators
-No Advisory lights when turning the ignition on.
-We changed the Crankshaft Position Sensor, No luck.
-Reset the ECM by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes. It worked, got my indicator and advisory lights back. Took it for a drive, hit a bump and lost all indicators. Got back, tried reseting the ECM again, no joy.
-Still not sure but I believe it is a temperature related problem.
-Noticed there were some fuse receptacles on the box by the pedals that appeared to have burnt out. Looks like I will have to replace those. Not sure electrically if that box would have any play into my problem with no spark.
-Did the wiggle check on wiring but couldn't get indications of a short. Not looking forward to metering out the wiring.

I am not a mechanic by any means. Most of the info I get is from this forum. This is my first Jeep so if you have an answer please be specific as I may have no clue what you are talking about. Thanks for any help and if you have any questions let me know.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

munden
View munden's Jeep
07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Did the doom light fuse blow it power the ECM I had wires rubbed and shorting out check wire under hood back fire wall at map sensor