Previous Jeep YJ Wrangler Next Jeep

1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ

Email Bookmark Print
grinevb

Jeep Information

Year:1994

Model:YJ Wrangler

Engine:4.0

Restoration project, needs rocker panels repairs, front part of frame patched up, and floor boards repair.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

fishadventure
View fishadventure's Jeep
06-07-2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevb
Restoration project, needs rocker panels repairs, front part of frame patched up, and floor boards repair.
Nice buy. That'll be a lot of work, but worth it. It looks pretty good. Fill out your profile so we can see where you're from and stuff.

I've learned a jeep is a lot like an old aircooled VW: what you see for rust is often maybe only 10% or less of the 'real' damage. Don't deal with the holes in the frame, for example: cut out the damage and measure the thickness of the metal at the cut. Most often the rust happens inside the frame and yup - need to go well past the damaged area to restore the 'solid' effectively. Cutting out and welding in a big patch really isn't that much more work than cutting little patches, and is much more successful. The pic I'm attaching is an example: I 'could' patch the problem areas, but in reality, making that panel and replacing even good metal will probably be much stronger AND it will take maybe a third to a quarter of the time to install with a lot less flap disc work than a bunch of little pieces.

Fill out your profile, Post updates with pics!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome