|Engine:||258 in line 6|
|Transfer Case:||Dana 300|
|Front Axle:||Dana 30|
|Rear Axle:||AMC 20|
|Axle Gear Ratio:||2:73|
|Accessories:||Have a list of parts to install|
|Future Modifications:||37" BFG's, Dana 44 and 60, 4.0 and Trany|
I purchased this Jeep 2 years ago then lost my job. Since then I have a new Job and have been gathering parts as I can afford them. Today I received the last item I need to start the 4.0 swap.
This Scrambler is in need of lots of work, but that keeps me from watching TV and sitting on the couch.
List of Repairs and Upgrades:
1. Start 4.0 while still installed in doner vehicle, 1997 Jeep TJ.
2. Repair damage to the CJ8 frame.
3. Install 4.0 into CJ8 frame.
4. Reinstall CJ8 tub and take to the body shop for some repairs.
5. Install Dana 44 and Dana 60, while completing Spring Over and new steering set up.
6. Bend up a cage.
7. Take out on the trail!