Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-8 Scrambler > Tams-Scram

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Tams-Scram Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Next Jeep

Tams-Scram

Email Bookmark Print
tams-scram
Jefferson

Jeep Information

Year:1981

Model:CJ-8 Scrambler

Engine:258ci 4.2L

Transmission:4-Speed Manual

I have recently been given a 1981 CJ-8 Scrambler 4x4 which is in good original condition. Its runs good and appears to be in nearly all original condition. I am trying to find out more information about my Scrambler. Such as how many of the 1981 models had factory a/c, am/fm radio with 8 track cassette players and 60 40 bench seats.

BTW - I am new to the Jeep Forum world and new to Forums in general. I am trying to find out more information about the Scramblers and my particular Scrambler. Also, where to find different items to repair or replace some of the items on my Scrambler. I am also trying to find someone who makes quality seat covers for the 60 40 Split Bench Seat. I saw a picture of a CJ-5 which has a similar seat and it was called a Tuxedo Park 60 40 bench seat. But I have never seen a seat like it on a CJ-8 Scrambler.

Please excuse any fumbling I do while trying to navigate my way through this process. The person who previously owned this Scrambler was very near and dear to me, and I want to keep it as close to original condition as possible.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

beach8
View beach8's Jeep
07-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tams-scram
I have recently been given a 1981 CJ-8 Scrambler 4x4 which is in good original condition. Its runs good and appears to be in nearly all original condition. I am trying to find out more information about my Scrambler. Such as how many of the 1981 models had factory a/c, am/fm radio with 8 track cassette players and 60 40 bench seats.

BTW - I am new to the Jeep Forum world and new to Forums in general. I am trying to find out more information about the Scramblers and my particular Scrambler. Also, where to find different items to repair or replace some of the items on my Scrambler. I am also trying to find someone who makes quality seat covers for the 60 40 Split Bench Seat. I saw a picture of a CJ-5 which has a similar seat and it was called a Tuxedo Park 60 40 bench seat. But I have never seen a seat like it on a CJ-8 Scrambler.

Please excuse any fumbling I do while trying to navigate my way through this process. The person who previously owned this Scrambler was very near and dear to me, and I want to keep it as close to original condition as possible.
Welcome to the club Scramblers are the best jeep ever and the 1981 is the first year. Try quadratec.com or Morris 4x4 they have everything.

Enjoy it

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.