Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-8 Scrambler > Salvage

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side View

Salvage Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Next Jeep

Salvage

Email Bookmark Print
ericdcraneukiah
Ukiah, Ca, USA

Jeep Information

Year:1981

Model:CJ-8

Engine:258

Transmission:AX-15

Transfer Case:Dana 300

Front Axle:Stock

Rear Axle:Stock

Axle Gear Ratio:Stock

Suspension:2"

Armor:3 Thick coats of rattle can black

Recovery Gear:A well equiped 1998 TJ

Accessories:Fuel

Future Modifications:SM-465 Transmission from Novak, I have a new steering column on order.

I got the CJ-8 about a year and a half-ago. She has a Salvage title but only 77,000 miles and passed CA Smog on the first try - once the vacume lines were reattached. The AX-15 transmission has a problem with the syncros and is not worth rebuilding. Even with the transmission being a bit dodgey it is a fun warm weather runabout. I have never had doors or a top on it. I also pulled the rollbar out. It is very basic and that is why I like it.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.