Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-8 Scrambler > "Multi Color"

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

"Multi Color" Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-8 Scrambler Next Jeep

"Multi Color"

Email Bookmark Print

only in a jeep cj
Mobile

Jeep Information

Year:1983

Model:CJ-8 Scrambler SR

Engine:258 in line six

Transmission:T-5

Transfer Case:Dana 300

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:late 86 Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:3.31

Suspension:stock with YJ shackles

Tires:265 70 R 15 General Grabbers AT2

Wheels:OEM chrome wagon spoke

Armor:NA

Recovery Gear:HD rear crossmember and tow bar. YJ tow hooks

Future Modifications:Full resto

I learned about this Jeep through a local club/forum member who I had already bought items from. His eye for detail impressed me and I stayed in touch when he said it may be for sale soon. Well, we went back and forth a time or two with money and timing issues till one day it worked out!
I flat towed it home, installed a bumper,windshield, and other small parts throughout to get it going for now. Had to primer out the ugly camo paint on the tub. It drove really good and its been on several trips out of state.
Normally, the 272 gears would really suck, but since it has smaller (stock) size tires, the 4th gear of 1 to 1 still moves this Jeep and a good speed with not to high of an RPM. It will do 70 to 80 smoothly in 4th. but from a red light, its a pig. Fun to drive though. I didn't like that the full doors didnt seal well against the full Kayline top, so I swapped on YJ half hard doors and soft uppers. I've slowly been gathering parts for it's rebirth.

Update: Wanting overdrive, I swapped in a T5 that shortly blew 3rd gear due to my heavy foot and the 2.72 gears. Was painted orange and nicer tires and OEM chrome rims added. Then one evening, it was in a bad wreck that resulted in major surgery. The front axle, frame, bumper, transmission, fender, hood, grill, springs, oil pan, and other parts were destroyed or damaged. BUT I refused to give up.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/no...night-1227867/

So after a semi- rebuild, it was painted tan and got a half hardtop and new tires. It still drives fine, but will get a full resto as it waits in line with some other Jeeps I have. I added a small lift, a winch and a high lift and took it to some local off road parks. For a long open diff stock Jeep, it did better than I thought it would.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.