Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > Stock

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Savvy FREE SHIPPING!Artec Holiday Sale!

Stock Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

Stock

Email Bookmark Print
mrod01
st clair shores

Jeep Information

Year:1982

Model:cj7

Engine:258 inline 6

Transmission:t5

Transfer Case:unknown

Rear Axle:20

Suspension:stock

Tires:31x1050

Wheels:stock

Future Modifications:none

I have had this jeep for over 20 years, It has been garage stored for almost 10 years now. I moved to michigan from california and basically put it in the garage and never really used it. I had some back fire issues and I thought it might be sticking valves so I bought a set of heads for it and started to replace it and never finished the job. I am thinking about selling it. It is assentially rust free and has all of the amc badgings and parts, the windshield frame has the normal rust on it but that is about it. I was wondering about how much something like this would be worth, and if I should sell it or not. I can post pictures later to show everyone. Looking for input as what I should do.
Thanks.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

dg6772
View dg6772's Jeep
12-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Why not fix it?? It took me 13 years to complete mine.

Life just kept getting in the way, but she is running now. I too am in Michigan and there is plenty of beautiful places to take a jeep.

Jeep blessing first weekend in May! !! Mesick, Michigan.

Dave in Muskegon

depo
View depo's Jeep
12-28-2013, 11:55 AM
If you sell it you'll wish you still had it

mridgeway
View mridgeway's Jeep
12-28-2013, 01:22 PM
If it's truly stock, OEM colors/interior/etc, has no rust, is non-adulterated, original recorded mileage, and is in average street-able running condition it should go for ~20K.

This forum is awesome but is off on the pricing of a true classic CJ-7 in my humble opinion. If they are in the condition stated above (very rare), they capture way more than you'll see referenced here.

One can easily spend ~$30K to "restore" a CJ into to a "good" (not "excellent", not "frame off" restoration- just frame on "restored") condition.

These vehicles are becoming harder and harder to find in decent original condition and will only go up in value. They have become a true American classic and icon since the later 2000's.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.