User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > Sarge

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Iron Rock Offroad products - get them from Kolak!SWAG Off Road Knock Out Punch Set (7) Pieces (Tube Sizes)

Sarge Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

Email Bookmark Print

Jeep Information

Engine:258 inline 6

Recovery Gear:10,000 elec

Accessories:soft top

Future Modifications:frame up restore possible engine swap

Hello fellow Jeepers,
I just purchased an 85 CJ7. Has an inline 6 with outo tranny. Not sure of the rear ratio as I can't find a tag on it. Will have to do the driveshaft to tire rotation thing.
The body is straight and only has some small rust dings. It runs well, but does smoke a bit when hitting the gas after a long idle. Thinking of trading it out for a 350 chev I have that is almost new. The oil pressure is at zero when idling after a warmup and runs about 20 at speed.
I would like to know how much heartache I will have by converting.
If anyone has gone this route, I would like to know where I can get the necessary adapters to slip the V8 in.

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.